Match Thread: sha v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes disgusting behaviour by the fan. Ban for life, lengthy prison sentence will take that smile off his face and the club should get punished for this

I think you are badly misjudging his character by thinking a life ban and prison sentence will affect him. 

He'll go to his grave cherishing that moment and will probably never again in his lifetime have to buy a drink in whatever hovel they think of as a public house. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, turvontour said:

Anyone know what the ruling would have been if Grealish either was injured by the fan and couldnt play on or said that he wouldnt play on? Presumably you dont just make a substitution?

Presumably you either sub Jack or abandon the game as the players don't feel their safety can be guaranteed. I'm not sure if there any any other options. 

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

What an absolute disgrace the sha supporters are, continuing to boo Grealish after that incident. It that kind of behaviour that encourages such idiots. If he would have had a knife that he hit Grealish with, would they still continue to boo him then?

What also semi encouraged that incident was Blues as a team going out to injure Grealish with his first touch of the ball.

Moron fans will look at that and want to be a part of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't think so. Pretty even, but we should be 2-0 up.

You seriously dont think that was a poor half from us ???? Granted mitigating circumstance ......but I dont see how that be can described as any other than poor. 

• Like 1

Typical Scrappy derby without a lot of quality. However been really impressed with the back five of Villa who look solid. House & Ming's definitely a future centre back partnership in the making with Steer being the most stable keeper I've seen at the Villa this season.

Critically Villa need to retain position more through the middle and as has been badly affected by the incident which is understandable. It's a credit to Grealish he didn't react.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

Birmingham will want to count that lame ass punch as a shot off target. What a pussy, he couldn't even score a hit with a cheap shot from behind from an unsuspecting victim. 

Either way, the fact that the Birmingham fans cheered that has shocked me. It's scary how stupid so many people can be. It's sport, it's a game, it doesn't really matter, it's meant to be fun. 

Every bone in my body wants Jack Grealish to score the winner today and celebrate with the Villa fans, an iconic image we'll all remember. 

I would love that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Anyone know what the ruling would have been if Grealish either was injured by the fan and couldnt play on or said that he wouldnt play on? Presumably you dont just make a substitution?

The only option in a situation like that is to abandon the game, and then the EFL would have to make a ruling about the result.

• Like 1