Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StefanAVFC

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not saying he should be ignored by law enforcement but by the media, remove his ability to communicate to masses 

But how will we know where to throw our next milkshake? 

You don't fight Fascism by ignoring it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bickster said:

But how will we know where to throw our next milkshake? 

You don't fight Fascism by ignoring it

No but you can give rise to it through promoting it. 

He’s the result of the problem, not the cause of it, targeting him only makes him a martyr in the eyes of his followers, if the media ignore him he will go away over time, he’s doing it all for attention and ‘brand Tommy’.

Obviously there are then major societal and cultural issues which need to be sorted and yes, cannot/should not be ignored.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bickster said:

But how will we know where to throw our next milkshake? 

You don't fight Fascism by ignoring it

No platforming him isn't ignoring him, at least in the literal sense. The problem is you can't do it when half the stuff he uses is out of British jurisdiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Rev said:

No platforming him isn't ignoring him, at least in the literal sense. The problem is you can't do it when half the stuff he uses is out of British jurisdiction. 

You can't no platform someone who organises his own platform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And half of the internet will tell you that no platforming is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chindie said:

And half of the internet will tell you that no platforming is bad.

Thats the wrong half of the net :mrgreen:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You can't no platform someone who organises his own platform

But you can - you can stop reporting on it (mainstream media), social media could remove his accounts and he could be banned from speaking to large crowds.

If our education system has proved anything it's that starving the supply of information leads to ignorance, ignorance in this case would be bliss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But you can - you can stop reporting on it (mainstream media), social media could remove his accounts and he could be banned from speaking to large crowds.

If our education system has proved anything it's that starving the supply of information leads to ignorance, ignorance in this case would be bliss.

You can't stop mainstream media reporting on him because you don't control it

His Social Media platforms have pretty much been closed down

You can't ban someone from holding political rallies or meetings without having specific grounds to do so (generally public order type stuff)

In those circumstances all you can do is oppose everything he does with counter demonstrations etc

Censorship very rarely if ever works, it's generally counter productive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You can't stop mainstream media reporting on him because you don't control it

His Social Media platforms have pretty much been closed down

You can't ban someone from holding political rallies or meetings without having specific grounds to do so (generally public order type stuff)

In those circumstances all you can do is oppose everything he does with counter demonstrations etc

Censorship very rarely if ever works, it's generally counter productive

Obviously you or I cannot stop the media but the media could self-impose a blanket ban on reporting on him.

Good news re social media accounts.

Specific grounds for banning public speaking - surely inciting hatred and violence would suffice? 

I agree generally, and believe it or not I do firmly believe in freedom of speech but not when it’s specifically designed to incite hatred, suspicion and ultimately violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as it pains me to say it, I wish no violence towards this prick. One of the last things the world needs is having his brain dead supporters holding him up as a martyr.

Humiliation, degradation, discreditation and financial ruin, I am all for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to The Star (truthfulness highly doubtful) Are Tommeh got into a disagreement with a pensioner within 72 hours of being banged up, something to do with Tommeh not being shown enough respect. The 72 year old one punched him flat on his arse.

Like I said, highly dubious but amusing if true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pensioner punches asylum seeker?

They should throw the book at him. Trouble is these days, it would probably be the Quran.

Our top journalists would be all over this if they weren't already falsely imprisoned.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's out, presumably now calling himself Tommy Robinson Crusoe. Seemingly he's trying to kid on he's been in a gulag for years. He's fooling nobody - we all know you're allowed to shave in prison.

w9IxOnT.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â