Player Match Ratings: Rams to the slaughter!

John

10 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Why didn't you comment in the actual match ratings thread?

You must be new here. John has been writing his match blog virtually since this site started. His match synopses are much read and very much appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Why didn't you comment in the actual match ratings thread?

The Ratings & Reactions topic on the individual match forums is open from the final whistle of every home and away game. It provides VT members with an immediate opportunity to post their comments on a game and to cast their votes on the MOTM, Manager/Referee performance polls. As well as their views on how players performed and their player ratings. My player match ratings appear later, when the dust has settled a little on the game and I have reflected on it for a bit.   

I have been posting my player match ratings for our home games on the front page of Villa Talk, as a member of the VT news team for many years now. I also do the same on the VT blog. I was posting these player match ratings when Dion Dublin was starring in our forward line, rather than presenting Homes Under the Hammer!  ;)

All opinions on games and player performances from VT members, wherever they appear are equally valid. I welcome any comments readers may have upon my ratings and I thank everyone that looks at my regular contribution to this terrific site for taking the time to do so. I hope this will clarify why my player match ratings appear on the VT front page, rather than on the match thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, meregreen said:

You must be new here. John has been writing his match blog virtually since this site started. His match synopses are much read and very much appreciated.

Well i've been here 9 years apparently - but had never noticed John's work before. Will look out for it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Well i've been here 9 years apparently - but had never noticed John's work before. Will look out for it.

Try the VillaTalk blog using the blogs link at the top of every page 😆

Â