Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Id be surprised if Newcastle players are allowed to leave before a manager is signed.

I wouldn’t be that’s Ashley all over. Cash in now and have no manager to annoy or fall out over. Then get in any old Tom dick or Harry and say here’s the team you’ve inherited 

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Id be surprised if Newcastle players are allowed to leave before a manager is signed.

This is business first Mike Ashley so if the deal is good enough he won’t wait around for a new manager IMO. Whose realistically worth taking as I reckon lascelles will have bigger clubs after him if he is available same goes for Longstaff. 

Ps: Forgot about Hayden

Edited by thabucks
Beaten to it ...

18 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

That's mental...Can you see us ever paying 50m for anyone?

We might need to if we are going to sign a player from the Championship!

£50m may soon become the new £20m, given that Leeds and Bristol City have already added another £10m to that original stock asking price. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we need to add a new point to our signing criteria.

From the Purslow/Smith interview after Wembley, they mentioned that we want to only sign players that fit this model:

- The right age

- The right attitude

- A good level of quality

I think we need to add this to the ticklist:

- *If signing a player from an English club, only sign when the Chairman/Owner is incompetent.

This should stop us from overspending. So, which clubs have incompetent owners?

Man Utd and Newcastle come to mind, straight away.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thought about mentioning this.

Think really it's a way of saying "hands off" without actually saying he won't be sold.

£30m would genuinely be obscene money for Webster, considering I said it would take £20m for me and I thought £20m was ridiculous.

Didn't your owner say regarding Kodjia that he got a price he didn't expect, something about stating an excessive price to start with as a negoatiation tactic, but we just payed it up without negotiating (well done Wyness and Xia if that was the case!).

Perhaps it's the same this time around but taken even further...