Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I kind of agree. I was never convinced, but I'm not the one watching him everyday in training. 

From what I've seen, he can be solid as a backup. Not a starter, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

He is a average championship player never premier league player ! Honestly even for few mil we can do much better! Wolves fans i know don't rate him either.

He was signed for Championship and now we in Premier League can do better i'd rather we use majority what we plan pay for Hause on Cahill wages for year or two.

Prefer us try for Konsa if going younger  who is an excellent defender and has much, much higher potential than Hause

Edited by Villan4Life

23 minutes ago, useless said:

It's getting to the point where we're going be signing players almost every other day. 

How exciting would that be though. Think I might get sacked though. Finding out about a signing at 3 in the afternoon, and like Wesley being like who, spending the rest of the afternoon talking about him, fining our about him. Then back in work the following and talking to the other fans in the office and seeing who he found the most interesting stats and videos etc. Then the next day starting all over again. 

6 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Yet Raheem Sterling has been pretty commendable in speaking out—for the double standards in the media primarily but there was also the interaction with the Chelsea fan. I don't know. I think it's easy to brush it under the carpet, but maybe in the current climate speaking out is important. Anecdotally speaking, I've heard a few things in the last few years that I had never heard in 30 years previously. I'm not sure he was a dick about it either just because he said it was demotivating him.

EDIT: What he said about wanting out of football probably isn't going to encourage us to go after him anyway, so I'm sure we won't have to discuss it any more.

Oh I agree, Sterling is commendable yes, there are ways to do everything if you get my drift.

Raheem Sterling has highlighted that it is a problem which needs to be dealt with, and he is right.

He hasn't indicated that he is going to have a meltdown or leave football, OR is demotivated etc.

If it was a case where there were VERY few Black players and they were getting grief constantly it would be a different issue.

However black players and fans are so commonplace, I would just view it as a couple of dickheads at the bar who i'm better than.

Don't get me wrong, racism feels terrible when it takes place, and i've been there, but I always need to point out that it is the exception, not the rule.

Racists just need to be shamed and f*cked off into a quiet corner.

Again, there are ways to milk, or spin situations any way you like.

A great example of this is when John Barnes was sensible and realistic with regards to those Liam Neeson comments.

To the disappointment of the media and those who wanted to cause a barrage of unnecessary outrage.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Hause will be £3m though and Konsa 10+. Given your knowledge is there anyone you think attainable as good for a similar price range who can cover both centre back and left back?  

Either position and can play both?

1st pick:- Rubén Duarte age 23 of Deportivo Alavés can play either Left Back or Centre Back. Good player, good potential too 

2nd pick- Terence Kongolo who can play either position too age 24. Now Huddersfield have been relegated depending on the  price Rubén Duarte would be cheaper out the two of them though. Another good player with good potential.

UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I'd rather spend £3m on Hause and sign 2 £15m CB starters than 3 £10m CB's who are all pretty similar but not as good as the 2 starters we could have got for £15m each. The squad needs quantity but the first team needs quality.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Either position and can play both?

1st pick:- Rubén Duarte age 23 of Deportivo Alavés can play either Left Back or Centre Back. Good player, good potential too 

2nd pick- Terence Kongolo who can play either position too age 24. Now Huddersfield have been relegated depending on the  price Rubén Duarte would be cheaper out the two of them though. Another good player with good potential.

UTV

Kongolo from team that conceded 2 goals per game last season??

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Also still think we should be looking at Barcelona's Marc Cucurella, who is allowed to leave and looks a great prospect at LB. Especially as we probably need 2 of them.

2 minutes ago, PrimevalVillan said:

Haven't heard of him but yes. 

He’s Signed for Eibar for 3mil Euro’s 

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

And Your point ?? He’s a good player...  You you obviously judge players on stats only... stats are not everything.

ive seem him  ok play live a few times also on box he’s a good player who can play multiple positions.

I watched Huddersfield enough. Only player that interests me is Mooy and not that much. Their defence was toilet

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I watched Huddersfield enough. Only player that interests me is Mooy and not that much. Their defence was toilet

Ok mate your opinion that’s cool..  Respect to you UTV 

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh I agree, Sterling is commendable yes, there are ways to do everything if you get my drift.

Raheem Sterling has highlighted that it is a problem which needs to be dealt with, and he is right.

He hasn't indicated that he is going to have a meltdown or leave football, OR is demotivated etc.

If it was a case where there were VERY few Black players and they were getting grief constantly it would be a different issue.

However black players and fans are so commonplace, I would just view it as a couple of dickheads at the bar who i'm better than.

Don't get me wrong, racism feels terrible when it takes place, and i've been there, but I always need to point out that it is the exception, not the rule.

Racists just need to be shamed and f*cked off into a quiet corner.

Again, there are ways to milk, or spin situations any way you like.

A great example of this is when John Barnes was sensible and realistic with regards to those Liam Neeson comments.

To the disappointment of the media and those who wanted to cause a barrage of unnecessary outrage.

You make it seem like racism is just a couple of rowdy d-heads saying naughty things they shouldn't say. It's baked into our society. It's not an exception, it's the rule.

I guess that's a discussion for another thread, but I'll say about Danny Rose that he shouldn't be given grief for how he's responded to the situation. Everyone reacts differently, he just stated how he feels. I watch a lot of Spurs, he's been nothing but professional. If this makes him feel like he'll be relieved when he's done with football, I won't begrudge him at all. I'm not gonna police his feelings or devalue him as a footballer/professional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

He’s Signed for Eibar for 3mil Euro’s 

That’s an odd one. The way I read it was Eibar had an option to buy him for 3M at the end of his loan (which is now), but that Barcelona have the option to buy him back after that for 4M or so (can’t remember the exact number). The general belief seems to be that they will do just that with the intention of shifting him on for 8-12M afterwards. Difficult one to sort out.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

You make it seem like racism is just a couple of rowdy d-heads saying naughty things they shouldn't say. It's baked into our society. It's not an exception, it's the rule.

I guess that's a discussion for another thread, but I'll say about Danny Rose that he shouldn't be given grief for how he's responded to the situation. Everyone reacts differently, he just stated how he feels. I watch a lot of Spurs, he's been nothing but professional. If this makes him feel like he'll be relieved when he's done with football, I won't begrudge him at all. I'm not gonna police his feelings or devalue him as a footballer/professional.

In the Footballing World? REALLY?

1. I'm saying that is how I WOULD deal with it if I was in their position.

2. I find it difficult to lose sleep over "oppressed" multi - multimillionaires being supposedly tormented in a sport which has built them considerable amounts of generational wealth. Wealth they have earned from the society you claim is so deeply entrenched in tearing them down...

3. Whatever issues people are trying to amplify are segmented from a dying breed/generation.

4. I play the game I love, earn millions, in a free country, 99.99 percent of the time, but Bob from the Council flat in Staines made Monkey gestures at the me while pissed up on a Sunday 6 months ago so i'm thinking of ending it all. I also now look at everybody who is white with disdain because I know deep down they've got some firm rooted systematic racism brewing. Seems like a logical way to live.

5 What if they played in Russia or Ukraine? FFS

6. Systematic racism is a totally different issue altogether, and I'll stick by that is part of a dying breed if not only due to unavoidable multiculturalism.

Some of you grossly exaggerate the effects racism has on modern society. largely powered by the media, which in itself has their own brainwashing agenda at play, usually with political aim.

In this day and age racists are more likely to be named, shamed, and shut out of society than be embraced or allowed to do any serious damage in the world.

In poor, and oppressed neighborhoods, perhaps, among multimillionaire footballers which a majority of Black, Arab, African etc colleagues, a large portion of Black fans etc... sorry.... i'm not crying.

I think some people have actually been guilted into feeling sorry for us to the point where it's a bit cringy.

Anyway, these are extremely complex conversations with a multitude of layers, it is a disservice to attempt to have a quick "chat" about them on a football forum.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the Footballing World? REALLY?

1. I'm saying that is how I WOULD deal with it if I was in their position.

2. I find it difficult to lose sleep over "oppressed" multi - multimillionaires being supposedly tormented in a sport which has built them considerable amounts of generational wealth. Wealth they have earned from the society you claim is so deeply entrenched in tearing them down...

3. Whatever issues people are trying to amplify are segmented from a dying breed/generation.

4. I play the game I love, earn millions, in a free country, 99.99 percent of the time, but Bob from the Council flat in Staines made Monkey gestures at the me while pissed up on a Sunday 6 months ago so i'm thinking of ending it all. I also now look at everybody who is white with disdain because I know deep down they've got some firm rooted systematic racism brewing. Seems like a logical way to live.

5 What if they played in Russia or Ukraine? FFS

6. Systematic racism is a totally different issue altogether, and I'll stick by that is part of a dying breed if not only due to unavoidable multiculturalism.

Some of you grossly exaggerate the effects racism has on modern society. largely powered by the media, which in itself has their own brainwashing agenda at play, usually with political aim.

In this day and age racist are more likely to be named, shamed, and shut out of society than be embraced or allowed to do any serious damage in the world.

In poor, and oppressed neighborhoods, perhaps, among multimillionaire footballers which a majority of Black, Arab, African etc colleagues, a large portion of Black fans etc... sorry.... i'm not crying.

I think some people have actually been guilted into feeling sorry for us to the point where it's a bit cringy.

Anyway, these are extremely complex conversations with a multitude of layers, it is a disservice to attempt to have a quick "chat" about them on a football forum.

Football is just like any other profession, just because there's more money involved doesn't put it above the rest of society.

Big Dalian Atkinson is proof that hits close to home that being a millionaire doesn't put you above racism and it's much more serious than some drunk idiots chanting something.

Rose is just saying he'll be happy to see the back of all this bullshit when he's done. I don't care how much money you have, you shouldn't have to be subjected to any sort of abuse, whether it's in England or Russia. They're not just there to entertain us, these are human beings too.

Rose is an excellent player and if he's available I would definitely go for him, he would sort out our left back conundrum. There are absolutely no question marks over his professionalism for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Kongolo from team that conceded 2 goals per game last season??

To be fair, Gueye was part of the shittest villa team in recent history that got less points in a season than kebabs Steve Bruce eats in a day... but you can’t say he’s a bad player...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1