Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not? Wolves have shown if you spend wisely then it can be done, they nearly achieved it, why can’t we?

They didn't nearly achieve it. And the team in question was Chelsea, who finished 3rd.

Suggesting we'll be competing with Chelsea is just nonsense really. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

They didn't nearly achieve it. And the team in question was Chelsea, who finished 3rd.

Suggesting we'll be competing with Chelsea is just nonsense really. 

Why is it? They’re not untouchable just because they’re part of the ‘big six’ 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, but the reason they're part of the "big six" is because they regularly finish at the high end. 

The only way we'll compete with Chelsea is if they have a disaster of a season. 

There's a difference between optimism and being unrealistic. 

I'm so bleeding excited about the new season but it feels like we're behind if we're going to have a full squad when we head to America. What do we need...another seven signings absolute minimum.

Blimey.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

No, but the reason they're part of the "big six" is because they regularly finish at the high end. 

The only way we'll compete with Chelsea is if they have a disaster of a season. 

There's a difference between optimism and being unrealistic. 

and even then, just like Leicester the balance will be swiftly restored.

Football is a closed shop now. FFP has seen to that.

Yeah we've still got so much to do. It's quite daunting really. We haven't really got time to wait and play hard ball to try and get deals cheaper as the window comes to end. Need players in asap to gel.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Apparently that's on the cool down now because of the crazy asking price brentford want.

Would rather see Lolley join us than Benrahma, Maupay is who id want to see from brentford.

I’d love to see both Brentford boys here. I think Lolley will be super expensive too. Mad prices this window, better get used to it or look abroad for better value

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Their lowest finish in 20 seasons is 10th which happened in the 15/16 season. Every other season bar that one they have finished 6th or higher. They are untouchable, they are very much one of the big six and that is unlikely to change even with a transfer ban. 

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Their lowest finish in 20 seasons is 10th which happened in the 15/16 season. Every other season bar that one they have finished 6th or higher. They are untouchable, they are very much one of the big six and that is unlikely to change even with a transfer ban. 

They’ve just lost their best player and manager, they’re in turmoil, they’re there for the taking

• Like 1

The Italy v Spain U21 game is on and there’s some fantastic talent on display there. If I was a scout I’d be making a list and handing it to Suso. 

The quality on display is mind boggling for such young players.