Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I bet there's some truth to the dreadlocks kid loan move. We seem to have a good relationship with Chelsea these days and they won't view us as a threat this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jonjon said:

We are happy with it, but It would be difficult because several of them formally worked for our owner who owns Smart Odds who provide statistical research and sports modeling for pro gamblers, he also own FC Midtjyland the Danish cup holders and one of our DOF'S is also a director of that club, so you see it's a closely knit and very much in house unit that would be difficult to break up.

Yeah almost impossible to get your hands on any of the staff from Brentford. Within a few hours of being away from there they just melt into the ground. If only there was a way and we could take your manager and some of his coaching staff we could really be going places. But it’s a system and it just can’t be done anywhere else. 

I’ve  had similar thoughts about how to run the club and looked on with wide eyed envy as Leeds fans have waxed lyrical about getting rich, new, switched on owners. Imagine where we’d be now if we were that lucky? Gosh they’re just so very, very clever. 

• Haha 2

Just now, maqroll said:

Because i don't think we'll be challenging for a top 6 position

Chelsea won't be if they employ Lampard 😋

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Because i don't think we'll be challenging for a top 6 position

Why not? Wolves have shown if you spend wisely then it can be done, they nearly achieved it, why can’t we?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not?

I don't think we'll have the squad for a top 6 challenge. I think the goal is likely to solidify our Prem status and to build on that for next season. Mid table is likely the goal this season. I'd love to be wrong on this.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah almost impossible to get your hands on any of the staff from Brentford. Within a few hours of being away from there they just melt into the ground. If only there was a way and we could take your manager and some of his coaching staff we could really be going places. But it’s a system and it just can’t be done anywhere else. 

I’ve  had similar thoughts about how to run the club and looked on with wide eyed envy as Leeds fans have waxed lyrical about getting rich, new, switched on owners. Imagine where we’d be now if we were that lucky? Gosh they’re just so very, very clever. 

🤣 🤣 🤣

• Thanks 1

Now that Malaga have been knocked out of the promotion playoffs in Spain, I’d love to go after Javi Ontiveros. He’s a class winger, only 21, and far and away their best player over both legs of the tie with Deportivo. He had his ups and downs throughout the season but that’s to be expected from such a young player and he really came on in the back half. Hopefully Suso’s all over him. Transfermarkt rates him at 2.5M and I think he’d be a steal at that price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see us going for Maupay now. Think we might go in for the winger from Brentford still. 

Apparently that's on the cool down now because of the crazy asking price brentford want.

Would rather see Lolley join us than Benrahma, Maupay is who id want to see from brentford.

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I don't think we'll have the squad for a top 6 challenge. I think the goal is likely to solidify our Prem status and to build on that for next season. Mid table is likely the goal this season. I'd love to be wrong on this.

I'd love you to be right - would be very happy with mid-table. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So long as we stay in the Premier this season ill be happy as anything, of course though if the Owners, Smith, Jesus, Purslow and the squad think we can have a go, then so be it, fantastic..

56 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I bet there's some truth to the dreadlocks kid loan move. We seem to have a good relationship with Chelsea these days and they won't view us as a threat this season. 

No loans unless option to buys I say. Purslow and Smith did say loans were done in the way we had been having them so I can only assume from now on they will be option to buys.

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

No, I think he's worth every penny and more, He has 3 years left on his contract,  I personally think he's the better of the two, its his first season here and he has done so well, I think next season he will be even better,  moving up tho the Premiership will not bother him at all, in fact I think it could be the making of him, we all know Villa got tucked up with Hogan but he is a different kettle of fish, he is a work horse with very quick feet and an eye for goal, as well as a good provider.

He looks like he could develop into a special player, not unlike Mahrez. Players like that make the step up without breaking a sweat. 15m with a 20% sell on would be fair. He is going to be worth about 50m in a couple of years if he moves to the PL this summer. That's 10m for Brentford. 

Still think this talk of paying £20m+ for Championship players is crazy, I've mentioned before it's only happened 5 times before, and 4 of those were proven Premier League players and full internationals that were relegated to the Championship.

Premier League teams don't spend £20m+ on unproven Championship players. Maddison is the exception, not the rule.

Brentford may want £20m-£25m for some of their players, but no one is going to pay that and nor should we.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Never in the field of human football has so much been talked about one little football club, by so many.

Spot on! I mean, they even allowed SHA to take what were probably their best three players in one transfer window a couple of years ago.