Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Based on the fact he has already been talking about retiring and been quoted saying he "can't wait to see the back of it". Is he the sort of player we want to put maximum effort in going into his 30s?

Perhaps the ignorance is yours?

Yes exactly. He did indeed say that. You are spot on He's gone mentally, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole!

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 1

Too much of a circus associated with Rose now and as @Mazrim said, he’s openly admitted to not enjoying football any more, apparently he wants to quit.......guess he just can’t afford to, or it’s a load of hot air just for the sake of being heard.

Either way, don’t want him here, want young, hungry players willing to continue developing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

So this Harvey Elliot kid from Fulham, anyone seen him play and is he someone we could try and get.

Available on a free  but linked to bigger clubs.

I watched him a few months back with the english U17 national team. I had high expectations for him, but he was disappointing. I know he was one of the youngest players there, but I expected more of him based on what I had heard of him. He showed things at practice throughout the week that made you think he could be special, but come gametime he was pretty quiet. A few good actions, but nothing that made me think he should've have had his first team debut at Fulham. 

Greg Taylor could be worth a look. He is Scottish 21 year old - Kilmarnock Left Back. He is another that has impressed me last season.

He has made his Scottish international debut vs Belgium  last Tuesday 11th June..

Rumours are Hull, Rangers & Celtic are all monitoring him

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

looks like our rumoured target Joe Aribo (Charlton) is signing for Rangers. @AvfcRigo82 have you seen this news. Compo/development fee Rangers will pay Charlton will be just £300k 

Rangers are already doing some cracking smart, astute transfer business this window.

No ambition, then. 😀 Not what we want.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Greg Taylor could be worth a look. He is Scottish 21 year old - Kilmarnock Left Back. He is another that has impressed me last season.

Rumours are Hull, Rangers & Celtic are all monitoring him

Never heard of him, but trust your judgement here mate.  There is also Celtic's Tierney, but they would want a hefty fee I suppose.    With the success of McGinn, I'm surprised we as a club don't look at the Scottish leagues a bit more for value?   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I know he would be expensive but id love to see us go for Harvey Barnes.

Looked really talented last year.

He signed a 5 year contract on Friday so no chance there, unless he does a Delph. 

He is top notch though, definitely. 

54 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Based on the fact he has already been talking about retiring and been quoted saying he "can't wait to see the back of it". Is he the sort of player we want to put maximum effort in going into his 30s?

Perhaps the ignorance is yours?

Whilst a year ago also complaining he was getting paid less than players who have left Spurs, ignoring the fact he is constantly injured.

I admire him for speaking out about mental health and racism but a lot of the times the bloke just comes across as a massive prick.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We found a gem in McGinn but you'd imagine Scotland would be a lot better if there was as much talent there as this thread seems to think there is.

Dude, there is good talent in every single league within world. It's up for the scouts to find it.

I watch plenty of Scottish football and there is fair few that could play eventually in English Premier League.

More money will be pouring into Scotland in next few seasons due to massive TV Deal and higher quality of players will be going there.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

The highly praised and admired Turnbull is being linked with a move to Sheffied Wednesday.

Steve Bruce looking for more scottish players no doubt similar to Sir John deal for us last summer!!

Edited by Villan4Life