Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Mings is a prime example of why loans can be a blessing and a curse.

Get the other teams player to fitness, in good form and increase their resale value to price yourself out of a deal for said player ffs.

For example, we prob could have gotten him for 5 - 7 mill on a leap of faith if we had bought him outright in Jan.

Hindsight etc

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

We should only be loaning a first team player if he significantly improves our team. I.e. A player from a club that have an embarrassment of riches so can afford to loan the player out. For example James to Bayern or Kovocic to Chelsea.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

No idea. Just read that he has been described as very similar to Pirlo. Played 30+ games last season in Serie B. Italy U21, can't be too bad.

I read about him. Being owned by Leeds owner probably doesn't help us. Saying he's put 50 million euro price tag on him

• Like 1

Butland

Guilbert  Mings  Tuanzebe  Targett

Phillips

McGinn    Grealish

Benrahma                        El Ghazi

Wesley

Can honestly see this being our starting XI against Spurs. Me likey.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Butland

Phillips

McGinn    Grealish

Wesley

Axel and Mings opposite sides and Phillips and Targett most likely made up rumours 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mings is a prime example of why loans can be a blessing and a curse.

Get the other teams player to fitness, in good form and increase their resale value to price yourself out of a deal for said player ffs.

For example, we prob could have gotten him for 5 - 7 mill on a leap of faith if we had bought him outright in Jan.

Hindsight etc

Could we have got him for £5-7m? How do you know this?

Mings was (IMO) a major reason we made the playoffs in the first place. May not sign him, but he’s helped us get £130m or whatever. Well worth it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Butland

Phillips

McGinn    Grealish

Wesley

What about Jota, you left the guy out???

I can still honestly see us going back in for Lolley and making that a done deal, he's a brilliant player and think he would be invaluable to us and fit right in.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

What about Jota, you left the guy out???

I can still honestly see us going back in for Lolley and making that a done deal, he's a brilliant player and think he would be invaluable to us and fit right in.

I don’t think we have a interest in lolley right now. I think if we went down lolley would be first player we would go for.

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t think we have a interest in lolley right now. I think if we went down lolley would be first player we would go for.

I don't think Lolley would leave Forrest for us if we were in the championship, the right offer and premier football is what would prize him.

O Neil said he wouldn't stand in the way of a move, but I think that move would be costly, just as costly as the Wesley Moraes transfer. These clubs in the championship want decent money for there gems and it's only right since cgampionship clubs gwt peanuts in every other direction compared to premier clubs.

We have been linked alot with him, who knows it would certainly be nice to see Lolley on our wing.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think Lolley would leave Forrest for us if we were in the championship, the right offer and premier football is what would prize him.

He’s a lifelong Villa fan - why wouldn’t he leave Forest for us if we were in the same league?!

6 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

As mental as this sounds.... I've actually told Tonali in person to sign for us! He laughed, but this was before we were promoted. Met him a few times now, decent English.

My Girlfriend is Italian (of Albanian origin) and her cousin (Ndoj) plays next to him in midfield for Brescia, it's kinda crazy. Good player himself. 

You are clearly the man to get this job done then or you will have to face a thousand lashings from the mods? ;)

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Butland

Phillips

McGinn    Grealish

Wesley

Nice.

But a lot of work and luck needed to get these over the line.

But what about the rest of the squad? I see Aribo and Cahill look Rangers bound.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We should only be loaning a first team player if he significantly improves our team. I.e. A player from a club that have an embarrassment of riches so can afford to loan the player out. For example James to Bayern or Kovocic to Chelsea.   

And Abraham to Villa. And Mings to Villa. And Tuanzebe to Villa. And Snodgrass to Villa.

I doubt we could have paid for any of them with the financial restrictions in the Championship. Yet the first three helped us get promoted and earnt us a hell of a lot of money. There is value in loans if done correctly.

13 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

And Abraham to Villa. And Mings to Villa. And Tuanzebe to Villa. And Snodgrass to Villa.

I doubt we could have paid for any of them with the financial restrictions in the Championship. Yet the first three helped us get promoted and earnt us a hell of a lot of money. There is value in loans if done correctly.

Oh yeah you have to loan a few players in the championship to stand a chance.

But now we are in a position to sign this level of player instead. Any loans need to be either top players, transfee’s or squad fillers.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Butland

Phillips

McGinn    Grealish

Wesley

I would like to see us move for Bowen, he could do a job for us in the middle as well if needed occasionally. Like the look of the above though. I'd like to see a signing to through today or at least a firm link to another player, it's been a few days now....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh yeah you have to loan a few players in the championship to stand a chance.

But now we are in a position to sign this level of player instead. Any loans need to be either top players, transfee’s or squad fillers.

I doubt we’d loan a squad filler. They may as well sit on their own club’s bench as ours. There’s nothing in it for the parent club nor us, we can have one of our own kids sitting on the bench. 

We’re no longer keen on loans in the main. There’s talk of a kid from Chelsea, a highly rated CB, but both Purslow and Smith have said they don’t want to develop other teams players. From what I’ve read Chelsea see him as a talent for the future and so with no option to buy, I doubt it would happen. 18 is very young for a Premiership CB, so if he’s too young for Chelsea’s first team, he’s too young for ours. 

Lazy journalism, with the usual JT link. Yawnnnnnn.  

7 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

As mental as this sounds.... I've actually told Tonali in person to sign for us! He laughed, but this was before we were promoted. Met him a few times now, decent English.

My Girlfriend is Italian (of Albanian origin) and her cousin (Ndoj) plays next to him in midfield for Brescia, it's kinda crazy. Good player himself. 

What did he say?!

looks like our rumoured target Joe Aribo (Charlton) is signing for Rangers. @AvfcRigo82 have you seen this news. Compo/development fee Rangers will pay Charlton will be just £300k 

Rangers are already doing some cracking smart, astute transfer business this window.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1