Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Elmo is criminally hard done by on here. He was great during the run in and probably our best player across the three playoff games. I find it bizarre that there's such a strong sentiment for Steer to keep his place while people would bin Elmo. I'd happily have him as back up next season.

Also our most experienced player in the squad for premier league games as he was a regular at Sunderland and Hull. Well worth keeping as back up for RB if the new French guy struggles to settle in.

If we were ever looking at Celta Vigo for a big signing, if not Maxi Gomez upfront  how about Brais Mendez on the wing? Would be expensive but a young, promising Spain international in a position we are desperate for would be a statement.

Though not sure I can see us spending big money on a Striker, CB (or 2?) A Keeper and a  Winger in one window. But he's a bloody good player and can't seem to see him linked to anyone apart from to Leicester a year ago.

47 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Think we should make a move for Pearson instead of Phillips 

Ben? He's not as good for me. He's a decent player but I think he'd get sent off a lot in the PL. Doesn't have the legs or willingness to get on the ball Phillips does, that's vital for us under Smith.

I've talked myself into paying anything up to £20m for Phillips, I've never seen him be anything less than 8/10 for Leeds. He plays the exact role we need to fill.

• Like 1

We wouldn't loan an 18-year-old to not buy him. He ain't gonna get in the team regularly.

If we do, I look forward to taking notes on Purslow expert back-pedalling. Bet he does it really well and you end up agreeing with him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Guilbert and Bree, sounds more like something on the dessert table than at right back.

Sounds like fencing moves to me.

"En garde! Guilbert! Bree!" 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jdguitar said:

Don't know much about this guy, thoughts? Not sure it'd fit with Purslow's comments on developing other team's players unless there would be an option to buy

Extremely highly rated by all accounts.

I think a few fans have been touting him for quite a while.

I hope we are looking to buy Ampadu not loan him. 😀

I hear he also has the potential to develop in to a solid DM rather than a CB, so sounds like a very versatile player.

And has great hair.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jdguitar said:

Don't know much about this guy, thoughts? Not sure it'd fit with Purslow's comments on developing other team's players unless there would be an option to buy

Might be an option to go with all of the permanent signings that we will be making. I would not say no to one loan signing, although like others on here, I would prefer it with an option to buy.