Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Dunk would be an ideal player to use in negotiations with Bournemouth if they are playing hard ball over Mings. Would show them we are willing to walk away and put into perspective what the price may be compared to other players in the market (their club captain Vs player you didn't want)

13 minutes ago, Ken The Villan said:

Dunk would be an ideal player to use in negotiations with Bournemouth if they are playing hard ball over Mings. Would show them we are willing to walk away and put into perspective what the price may be compared to other players in the market (their club captain Vs player you didn't want)

Bournemouth also want Butland (according to Sky report), so we might not want to fill their pockets with cash for Mings before that deal is done - assuming we are actually in for Butland.

A top class GK in the Premier League is just as important as a striker. Although Liverpool didn't win the league (but apparently they deserved to despite not actually accruing enough points) there's no denying that Alisson made a massive difference to that team, even with Van Dijk.

Can't really remember the last quality keeper we had other than Given or Friedel, and even then I don't think we got the best of them.

Hopefully Butland is a priority.

• Like 2

Very very harsh on Steer imo.

When he came back in the team I can barely think of a goal that you could put down to his error. I accept that he doesn't have the experience but you have to give the lad a chance first.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Very very harsh on Steer imo.

When he came back in the team I can barely think of a goal that you could put down to his error. I accept that he doesn't have the experience but you have to give the lad a chance first.

In the Championship yes, but you can't give him a chance for 6 games, realise he's not up to PL standard, but be stuck until January when it could be too late. If we can sign a top class keeper now we should.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

In the Championship yes, but you can't give him a chance for 6 games, realise he's not up to PL standard, but be stuck until January when it could be too late. If we can sign a top class keeper now we should.

Well yeah, I'm not against signing a top class keeper but say we sign Butland for 20 million then he obviously goes straight into the team, Steer won't even get his chance in that case.

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

Well yeah, I'm not against signing a top class keeper but say we sign Butland for 20 million then he obviously goes straight into the team, Steer won't even get his chance in that case.

Absolutely It would be crap for Steer, but then again 16 games in the Championship, behind arguably 2 of the best CB's in the league, isn't enough to sway me.