Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

I will wait till the end of the window Denmark us out of 10 I think

Just have to Holland for dear life and enjoy the ride.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Not a fan of Mitrovic. He can be effective but mostly he's a dirty oaf. 

He's an unbelievably hardworking and strong centre-forward with a good finish on him...almost identical in the way Tammy plays, just much better.

He's also young with room for improvement...for me he is the perfect signing, my Newcastle and Fulham mates both adore him. 

11 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Here's a poser...

It was mentioned above that Bent is our record signing at £18m (£24m if you count the mooted add-ons, which I've no idea if we met so I'll stick at £18m) - it's fairly obvious we will break that this window with the prices at the moment. Question is... how many times will we do so, and what do we reckon our record signing will have cost?

I'll go 3 times over £18m (striker, Mings and Butland), and £28m as the new record (striker)

If we sign Butland I think we'll go over it 4 times, if we somehow manage to get Tuanzebe towards the end of the window I'd say 5 times:

Marquee Striker £25m+
RW/AM £25m
DM £20m
Tuanzebe £20m
Butland £18.5m

I think the other positions we'll add will be between the £5-£10 mark

9 minutes ago, sne said:

We won't know until the transfer window Finnish.

I'm just happy we no longer need to play at the Den.Mark my words, this will be a good season.

Fail to spend properly and we're back to Never-Netherlands of the Championship straight away. With Prussia from the fans.

Smith will be sacked by Dec, Azerbaijan we'll be panic buying with some total Egypt manager.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's talk come the window shutting. There is Norway we are spending 140m on transfer fees this summer.

Agreed. Window has just opened. Too many people Russian to conclusions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Remember when we bought a "Marquee Striker" called "Ormondroyd",  Oh how we laughed when we found out he was actually an integral weight bearing element of a Circus tent and not a Marquee after all.

God he was useless. He did go on to have a decent Korea after Villa tbf.

Edited by villanmac
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's talk come the window shutting. There is Norway we are spending 140m on transfer fees this summer.

So what do you think the squad will look like at the end of the transfer window??

On 09/06/2019 at 20:40, Dave J said:

I never mentioned 40k - not sure where this figure came from ?

I would be looking at some type of deal that is linked to games played or similar. Look you have to realise that players like Daniel Sturbridge do not ordinarily come on a free - there's usually some reason or other behind this.

He is an exceptionally gifted footballer - he is a natural talent - but also comes with certain foibles shall we say.

we are not the only premier league team being linked with Sturbridge and I believe one way or another we'll see him at VP next year.

The 40k was me putting a number out there that is likely to be exceeded. 

He was an exceptionally gifted footballer, that got injured far too often to be consistent. 

He wont be joining Villa, i'm almost certain of that. Doesn't fit the criteria already set out by Smith and Purslow. 

Id sell Villa park to the owners if it meant having 150 mill to spend instead of 100mill and thus guarantee staying up.  Plenty of time to buy it back in the next 5 years off them.  We have virtually no squad, i dont think 100mill will keep us up.  ( you can mention 6 good players for that which isnt near enough.  Dont forget about  injuries and players loosing form in that equation as well.