Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£20m to sit Maupay on the bench under a vastly inferior Mitrovic is an interesting call

My opinion, but with the right service i think Mitrovic could score 15+ goals.  We also need more than one striker in the squad.  Maupay fits the young and hungry model and yes he could cost 20m, but it’s a squad game and he’d get plenty of minutes, so not so daft as you’ve made out. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

My opinion, but with the right service i think Mitrovic could score 15+ goals.  We also need more than one striker in the squad.  Maupay fits the young and hungry model and yes he could cost 20m, but it’s a squad game and he’d get plenty of minutes, so not so daft as you’ve made out. 

I dont think either the two of them are what we need.  Both liabilities 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Our record up-front outlay for a player is £18m. Breaking that for a bench player is just as daft as I've made out

(I'd really like Maupay, just not realistic that he comes in to sit on the bench to Mitro who is poor)

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Butland

Guilbert....Mings.....Axel/Tomori....Targett/Bertrand

Happy days

Hause/Chester/Taylor as back up

How strong is the Butland rumour? That looks like a decent Premier League defence to me. Remains to be seen how good Guilbert is for us, but judging by his performances last season he's a good player. Also Elmo is backup in there. 

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I liked Bertrand when we had him on loan, I'd take him back if the fee is right, must admit I don't feel he's quite kicked on too much since then though, if he had he'd be knocking on that England left back door.

I have absolutely no recollection of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I have absolutely no recollection of this.

He played 16 games for us on loan from Chelsea in 13/14 under Lambert. He was actually really good. Certainly an upgrade on Bennett and Tony Moon...

• Thanks 1

Here's a poser...

It was mentioned above that Bent is our record signing at £18m (£24m if you count the mooted add-ons, which I've no idea if we met so I'll stick at £18m) - it's fairly obvious we will break that this window with the prices at the moment. Question is... how many times will we do so, and what do we reckon our record signing will have cost?

I'll go 3 times over £18m (striker, Mings and Butland), and £28m as the new record (striker)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I can't see us spending much less than that - if we are buying a new keeper for £20m and we want a realistic chance of surviving comfortably.  When we have spent well in the past we have created value - if properly managed (not letting contracts run down etc) which I think Purslow, Smith et al will do ... Milner, Young, Delph, Downing spring to mind.

I think we could potentially reduce the net amount by pulling in fees for Kodjia, hopefully Hogan, Bjarnason, Kalanic, and, ideally in my world, Taylor and Elmo (I'm sure Bruce will take him for a £1m fee).  Maybe £25m there??

We have to spend £60m to stand still - Mings (£15m), Hause (£3m), El Ghazi (£8m), Jota replacing Albert (£4m) and probably £30m on a striker to replace Tammy and CB replacement for Axel (if you took Maupay and Tomori as suitable replacements).  Then add the £20m we are talking about for Butland.  And that still leaves us short of right back cover, a left back, a DCM, another attacking CM option, striker cover (I believe we need three and assume Davis stays in the mix) and at least another wide option, if not two if we loan out Green which I would.  £60m spend there and you are only (I say only but I think it works) getting the cream of the Championship. 

I am not sure what squad you envisage us going into the season with if we don't do this kind of business?

Let's talk come the window shutting. There is Norway we are spending 140m on transfer fees this summer.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's talk come the window shutting. There is Norway we are spending 140m on transfer fees this summer.

Joshua King, Martin Ödegaard and Sander Berge?

£140m still steep for those 3

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Butland

Guilbert....Mings.....Axel/Tomori....Targett/Bertrand

Happy days

Hause/Chester/Taylor as back up

Like the defense but don't you think the Fonz is a bit  old to play  DM

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Here's a poser...

It was mentioned above that Bent is our record signing at £18m (£24m if you count the mooted add-ons, which I've no idea if we met so I'll stick at £18m) - it's fairly obvious we will break that this window with the prices at the moment. Question is... how many times will we do so, and what do we reckon our record signing will have cost?

I'll go 3 times over £18m (striker, Mings and Butland), and £28m as the new record (striker)

I reckon Mings will sign for £15m so won't break it

I also think we will get Butland for £18m

Striker and possible a Right Winger will both break it I think.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I know, just can’t get it into my Sweden why people think we will.

Because we probably can and will probably have to. Something close to it anyway.

BURMA!!!

Edited by Mazrim