Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I think it was the 'he is a scout' part that gave it away. Unless you're banging the 'she can be a he and still be considered a she if she bloody wants to!" drum :D

YcPb.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

You are right in that he’s not good enough for us now, but it’s unfair to imply he was disloyal. He was the best player by a country mile in a rubbish side for 3 years and for 3 years he almost single-handedly kept us up, while our management did not hold up their responsibility to build on those achievements and appropriately strengthen. He stayed at least 1 year more than was good for his career. At least. 

As it panned out his subsequent choices have been disastrous, but you can’t deny that he was epic for us, and always gave his best here. If Douglas, Wes or whoever does the same, it would be fine by me.

I was not intending to imply that he was disloyal as such, few players demonstrate much loyalty to a club these days. We are very fortune that we have one currently in Jack that does. 

Benteke was a star with us and Villa fans (including myself) will always look upon him fondly, for what he did for our football club. He would probably have maintained his status in the game longer had he chosen to remain a big fish in a smaller pond, than the one that he chose to move to, but he had an itch to move on that he felt he had to scratch. 

He rolled the dice and lost.  He would probably have rolled it sooner had he been able. We were as reliant on him, as I think he was upon us. We did everything we could on the field to make chances for him, his new team didn't play to his strengths and he became a shadow of the player he had been, as his confidence fell dramatically.

He will probably look back at his years with us as being the best of his career. I will look back at him as one of our very best centre forwards. Sadly like Tammy, his Villa days are behind him (in the case of Tammy, hopefully not permanently) and we are left with happy memories of them both terrorising opposition defences. We go again with our brand spanking new forward(s)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see how us signing another CB. Strange random link though.

I think we may send hause out on loan. I think he was too good pass up for 3 million but not sure he’s really good enough, feel like we might be doing a Mings trick like Bournemouth did.

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can play DM as well, eh? No way we're signing that Magnificent fella from Gent if this is true.

Perhaps his own attempts at being signed by Villa ended up the very reason we lost interest. Going to be interesting to see how that particular soap opera pans out.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Pretty solid source too. We are doing a madness.

I suppose one way to avoid the charge that we are doing a Fulham is simply to say that Fulham didn’t spend enough and we are going to do twice what they did. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Green should go to Brentford on loan. Decent club and can actually see him doing well there. Would make sense.

And, he'd be worth £20m when he returns to us!

• Like 2

Who knows at this stage whether we are actually in for him, it's not coming from any source with a precedent of ITK, has it? However, he's another big **** so would fit right in with Deano's apparent mission to field a Brobdingnagian XI whenever possible.

"So, Harry Kane, it was a record setting heavy loss but just how was it playing against that newly promoted Villa team?"

"It was like they've taken the eleven greatest All Blacks' second row players from the 1970s and have Brazil and Holland from that era teach them to play football.".

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

Hhhmmm Leao smells of agent talking and just lobbing us in as a name as we’ve spent lots this summer. 

Not true.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Leao hasn't even played much football, so at this stage he's still a prospect, not sure we're in a position to be spending £30m on potential at this stage. If we were going to spend that kind of money I think we'd want more of a guarantee of success.

It doesn't initially have start out as £30m though...?          ;)