Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Didn't Benteke go on strike because they wouldn't sell him to us?

As superb as Benteke turned out for us I wonder if the current management would have signed him? He hardly ever gives his all these days does he? (Or am I being harsh?)

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Injuries, suspensions, cup games etc.

Strength in depth.

Get what you are saying, but I fail to see the negative.

Having more quality players than needed for positions can only be a good thing!

As some other have pointed out too, formation/system changed for different opposition etc.

We are in the big leagues now, we can't risk being undone by being underprepared.

Also, Landsbury barely featured for us in the Championship, so him even being a factor is debatable. As much as I love Connor too, some games he is NOT suitable for at all.

Shieet, when you put it that way, it's starting to look like a marvelous idea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

The press reports occurred right after the Wesley move and before ACON. They died down straight after the tournament. Now he is trying to reignite rumours to generate interest.

Most of the players we have signed have only hit the press a couple of days before they happened. Considering the lengths the club go to in order to keep a deal from being leaked, would he want to get on the wrong side of them by leaking it on social media. I remember Ravel Morrison doing something similar as a wind up. 

I really don't think he is. 

That would be crazy. Its not like we are going to sign a player because he followed our social media team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, useless said:

We had no choice but to sign a lot of players, and when you consider that we still need a goalkeeper, a defender, two central midfielders, two wingers (might get away with one), and a centre-forward, then that's still six or seven players needed, and only 23 days to sign them.

At least 3 of those are a good as done. You love to over-dramatise things Useless! 😂😂

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

That would be crazy. Its not like we are going to sign a player because he followed our social media team.

It's not about us buying him exactly. It's about getting his name in the news to bring himself to the front of perspective buyers' minds. 

22 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

If the reports are true about Nakamba then a part of me will feel indifferent about his professionalism.

Fill me in please? I've not been keeping up with news today, what's he said / done?

We definitely without question need two DMs and a winger to play on the right, whether we need two wingers is dependent on whether Green is viewed to be good enough or not. I think that they're all very good players, but I would be slightly concerned if were to go into the season relying on El Ghazi, Jota and possibly Trezeguet as our main creative outlets, and relying on them for goals along with Moraes for that matter. We need an something in there, to set us apart from other teams, I can see us using the loan market to bring in a couple of big name players with options to buy, to boost our attack.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently he has not turned up to training and trying to force a move.

Agree then, that's unprofessional. As far as I know Brugge are not holding him hostage, just (apparently) rejected our (apparent) bid.  If he wants to come to us that's great but I hope hes not just paddying because he wants the bigger pay cheque. 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We definitely without question need two DMs and a winger to play on the right, whether we need two wingers is dependent on whether Green is viewed to be good enough or not. I think that they're all very good players, but I would be slightly concerned if were to go into the season relying on El Ghazi, Jota and possibly Trezeguet as our main creative outlets, and relying on them for goals along with Moraes for that matter. I can see us using the loan market to bring in a couple of galacticos with options to buy, to boost our attack.

Good job we kept hold of Grealish and McGinn tbf. I agree.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Fancy a bit of a laugh ... TEAMtalk can exclusively reveal that we have  offered cash Connor Bree & Lansbury for Phillips 🤣😂🤣🤔

The same Connor that has signed a new contract? lol

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The same Connor that has signed a new contract? lol

Yep the very same one ... they do mention he had signed it tbf but said we are still willing to sacrifice him 🤔🤣😂 Hogan, Bree & Lansbury plus £8-10 mill is fair .... 

Edited by thabucks

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It’s agent tactics. Creates interest by keeping his name in the news, exerts pressure on Brugge, makes anyone who is actually interested think they need to move quickly and potentially up their offer. These agents have teams of social media experts and will know how to best manipulate it.

Surely this isn’t surprising, agents are the source of 90% of the names we’ve seen in the transfer news for the past month. 

32 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If we sign marvellous then it allows for the likes of Tshibola, Bjarnesson and/or Lansbury to be moved on.

imo none of those three will be much use to us this season 

Good luck getting buyers.

• Like 1

Just now, Killeen30 said:

Good luck getting buyers.

True but loan out could cover wages in the meantime. 

It makes sense getting in the players we need first and then focus on shipping out the deadwood. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

True but loan out could cover wages in the meantime. 

It makes sense getting in the players we need first and then focus on shipping out the deadwood. 

How the transfer market has changed over the last 5-8 years! So many loans. Some players must spend a large chunk of their careers on loan! Back in the day loans were more rare. 

• Like 2