Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

'Hi, I'm 34 and hardly played in the last year - gimme at least the same as my last big contract with Chelsea!'

Not going to get it. He'll get a decent wedge as he's free but he'll be solid squad rotation for a year for a team that has just been promoted, needs bodies, and basically just needs to stay up this season.

'Hi, I'm 34 and hardly played in the last year - gimme at least the same as my last big contract with Chelsea! Won't give it me? Okay I'll just go to China or the US where they will pay it me! Bye bye!'

It may not be all salary, certainly he'll be wanting a huge signing on fee as there's no transfer fee involved, as it's his last contract he's going to be wanting as much as he can get, and I wouldn't blame him.

His not going to take a massive pay cut to come and be a squad player for us, others will offer him more then that.

I'm not counting Chester. So I reckon we need 3 more. Cahill would leave more money for 2 more in their prime that might cost a fair whack.

So for instance, 2 from Mings, Webster, Cahill and Hause to start. And if Chester or Revan can have any impact, its a bonus.

Edited by Mazrim

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That would be a dream ticket, in the Championship.

Don’t know anything about Webster, and only seen Phillips a handful of times but Butland and Mings are PL quality for sure. Rather either of them than an aging Cahill. 

• Like 1

Hans vanaken would be a much better signing then nakamba, although he's much more attacking, he's 6'5, 7 goals and 14 assists last season in the Belgium league, sit SJM deeper with JG and hans behind the strikers 😜

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

'Hi, I'm 34 and hardly played in the last year - gimme at least the same as my last big contract with Chelsea! Won't give it me? Okay I'll just go to China or the US where they will pay it me! Bye bye!'

It may not be all salary, certainly he'll be wanting a huge signing on fee as there's no transfer fee involved, as it's his last contract he's going to be wanting as much as he can get, and I wouldn't blame him.

His not going to take a massive pay cut to come and be a squad player for us, others will offer him more then that.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/12/mls-player-salaries-2019-highest-paid-players/

There's no way he'd get 85k a week in the US.  China perhaps, but that's a big lifestyle change and if he still rates himself, he might want to still play in a competitive league. 

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we should wait to see what happens before we put the CEO and SD up for execution.

I am more confident in Suso and Purslow than I was in Wyness and Round.

No need to panic.......

......Mr Mannering

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why don’t you ever see part exchange deals anymore?

"Webuyanycar" scoff them all up.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

So to summarise, four pages of Cahill discussion based on an article in the gospel that is the Daily Star? 😳😳

Cahill is not the answer to our issues, we are not that Aston Villa of old anymore (I believe).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don’t know anything about Webster, and only seen Phillips a handful of times but Butland and Mings are PL quality for sure. Rather either of them than an aging Cahill. 

Don't disagree on Mings and Butland but the other two aren't proven in any top flight so given they would cost upwards of £50m-£60m combined based on fees quoted it's very far from a dream ticket.

14 hours ago, thunderball said:

One thing is for certain, we won’t have “quantity” [which suggests excessiveness], if we pull out all the stops we will only have a bare bones squad and a first team that will will be lucky to be as effective as the team at Wembley and that finished 5th in the Championship. To get quality you need to spend as it doesn’t come cheap - you can get lucky now and then (McGinn) but not when you need 5-6 new players, you might luck out and get 1 McGinn, but not 5-6 low cost players who are undiscovered diamonds.

When you micro-manage a club, adding all the little things just for than extra 0.5% everywhere: training, fitness, conditioning, nutrition, personal plans, drills, set pieces, pacing your pre-season to build up for the opening game to hit the ground running, because every other team does because you can’t afford not to anymore and the bar has been raised by Liverpool and a Man City to another level. Not actually having the players in place to take advantage of this, that is a problem, that is dropping the ball. Maybe that is not as good as it could be when we have substantial backing.

Lot of supposition in there, with respect you don’t know that we will have a bare bones squad or that it will be lucky to be as good as last year.  I get your opinion but will wait for the next few weeks to pan out as I am comfortable that we know what type of players we want and how they fit into our playing and recruitment philosophies.  We are not competing with Man City or Liverpool (yet), we are competing for mid table safety.

The US is a distraction, in my opinion, we do not need our first team squad in place for that. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Pontus Jansson to be sold for 5.5m in next 48hrs to another English club [Phil Hay]

Could it be us? 

Sheffield United reportedly ....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Pontus Jansson to be sold for 5.5m in next 48hrs to another English club [Phil Hay]

Could it be us? 

Id take him for that price, think he's a good centre back

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That would be a dream ticket, in the Championship.

Like Maddison Cook Brooks et al all did terrible in the PL zzzzzz

I mean I could easily without thinking hard reel off at least 40 generic junk PL players that have been there for several seasons like Redmond for example who some forum members seem to think is a great talent. The EFL vs PL players outside the big teams is generally a myth

Edited by Kiwivillan