Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Don't know if there are truth to these as the sun reports the first one and the mirror the second.

Aston Villa are preparing a £12m move for Bristol City star Adam Webster – the defender who was linked with a move to St James’ Park over the weekend.

£20m deal for for Club Brugge star Marvelous Nakamba – someone we’ve only just been credited with an interest in

Heaton would be absolutely pointless, at 33 years old he would only last another 1-2 years at PL level.

I would much rather we go for Butland, granted he's expensive, but he has potential to go onto become the England number one as well as increasing his value if he were to move on.

It's all about building for the future now, whether the players go on to improve at Villa or improve and move on for a profit. We need to become sustainable as well as progressing in terms of quality. When you bring in older players it's essentially a short term fix, you pay high wages for a player whose performances slowly decrease with age.

It's a mistake we made over and over in the PL after the Martin O'Neil era, and ultimately lead us into relegation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've said it before. We should be signing players that definitely have legs

Not sure that's politically correct!!  Are you able to discriminate against players with no legs??  The BBC will have a field day if they get hold of this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Right now I’m worried about our squad. Excited but worried. So many players needed.

Yeah I feel the same. So much to do. Not a lot of time. Need players in ASAP to settle, gel and pre-season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I feel the same. So much to do. Not a lot of time. Need players in ASAP to settle, gel and pre-season. 

yeah thats my concern, the pure volume of players we need, and getting them in within a reasonable timeframe so they can actually gel as a unit......

33 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Heaton would be absolutely pointless, at 33 years old he would only last another 1-2 years at PL level.

Bloody hell, I am getting to the age in my life where even goalkeepers are considered past their sell by date.

End me.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Again probably showing my age but I’m not a fan of it.  Very unprofessional in my opinion. 

I don't care that much cause sha.is kinda a nothing story to me and probably most fans abroad. I just don't get why a nothing club should interest me. I am however surprised at Lolley burning bridges in what's likely to be a short career. 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bloody hell, I am getting to the age in my life where even goalkeepers are considered past their sell by date.

End me.

I’m 34 mate, I’m the age of a Stockport County reserve goalkeeper...  next stop pundit/assistant coach.

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would much rather we go for Butland, granted he's expensive, but he has potential to go onto become the England number one as well as increasing his value if he were to move on.

It's all about building for the future now, whether the players go on to improve at Villa or improve and move on for a profit. We need to become sustainable as well as progressing in terms of quality. When you bring in older players it's essentially a short term fix, you pay high wages for a player whose performances slowly decrease with age.

It's a mistake we made over and over in the PL after the Martin O'Neil era, and ultimately lead us into relegation.

Depends upon budget.  I would prefer Pope or Butland but if we could pick up Heaton for £5-6m because he is in the last year of his contract (he is a top keeper and I think he would do an excellent job for a couple of years and could give Steer the space to develop/prove himself) and this allowed us to put the left over £15m towards Bowen then I would take Heaton and worry about replacing him in a few years when we are established.

51 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Don't know if there are truth to these as the sun reports the first one and the mirror the second.

Aston Villa are preparing a £12m move for Bristol City star Adam Webster – the defender who was linked with a move to St James’ Park over the weekend.

£20m deal for for Club Brugge star Marvelous Nakamba – someone we’ve only just been credited with an interest in

So Nakamba's dream is a move to Liverpool - been there, done that - bloody marvellous!

One doubts that we even want Heaton, the mirror are just linking us and Bournemouth to him, because we happen to be the two clubs linked to Butland, so it's an easy connection to make.

Twitter update:

According to Jimmy McCann Che Adams has agreed to go to Southampton and Bournemouth very serious about Heaton. Increases the chances of Butland to us if true. Also says lots of things happening at Villa but nothing nailed on.

AVFCTransfers1 also suggests there is NO medical booked at present, despite rumours to the contrary

AVFC_Faithful (as close to ITK as I think there is) says Wesley passed medical yesterday and await permit which will be forthcoming this week; Mings discussions progressing with his ‘agency’, Mings to join the talks next week(?), confident; Villa won’t be signing any past players (I assume that’s a reference to Cahill/Milner/Delph); said there is an incoming signing “soon” (yes I know - no shit Sherlock)

Everyone knows Thursday is signing day!!! I used to have every Thursday off from work and my main memory is of watching SSN because we signed all our players on a Thursday.

I’m telling you. Tomorrow, something will happen 💪👌

• Like 2

I am not sure about us signing Marvellous as he is left footed. With Jack preferring to play on the left and Hourihane and McGinn both being left footed I was hoping we would go for a right footed DCM

Just now, mallett said:

I am not sure about us signing Marvellous as he is left footed. With Jack preferring to play on the left and Hourihane and McGinn both being left footed I was hoping we would go for a right footed DCM

But it is a marvellous left foot!!