Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I don't believe JK, Hogan or Davis are good enough for the PL so whether or not we go for Muapay I'd be amazed if we didn't bring in another striker. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I don't believe JK, Hogan or Davis are good enough for the PL so whether or not we go for Muapay I'd be amazed if we didn't bring in another striker. 

I hear Roofe could be sold. Not sure if he good enough for the top flight though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

How can you hate this window? We are breaking our records, signing young promising players and don't yet seem at any risk of losing our best players. Best window in years.

Put it this way, I’m the kid who looked at his presents every year before Christmas Day. It’s the not knowing that I hate. I’m too excited. 

Edited by Jimmyg
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hear Roofe could be sold. Not sure if he good enough for the top flight though. 

I think that's the sort we will go for, in that i don't see another £20m striker coming in. 

We have done £20m on what will surely be 1st choice, so I'd imagine the next step would be a cheaper back up in the £10/12m bracket. 

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So Brentford are looking like they are willing to let Maupay leave if the offer is right, come on Smith bring him in and let's bring a good no2 in.

Aston Villa transfer target Neal Maupay is ‘in talks’ to leave Brentford, according to reports in France.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neal-maupay-transfer-aston-villa-16437330

They will let him go if the price is right, but the price will be high because Saint Etien are in for a large 25% sell on fee, and Brentford need to make a tidy profit on sales to survive, Read into the above what you will, Their click bait sites are as bad as ours, no substance in them at all, only guess work and lazy journalism and nothing positive to write about, so far it's been reported that he's going to, Villa, Crystal Palace, Barcelona, Sevilla, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Sheff Utd amongst a few, only believe it when you read it on the official Brentford website, all other tittle tattle, just ignore.

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agree totally that we need another striker.  Think we’ll keep Davis as a third option and can see Kodj  and Hogan being sold.   Someone said i was being daft in the week when I suggested another big striker deal being done, but I just think we might you know?  Even if it’s very late in the window and Tammy returns on loan for another season.  

I see the Euro U21 tournament starts today.  I wonder if we are keeping an eye on anyone?

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

They will let him go if the price is right, but the price will be high because Saint Etien are in for a large 25% sell on fee, and Brentford need to make a tidy profit on sales to survive, Read into the above what you will, Their click bait sites are as bad as ours, no substance in them at all, only guess work and lazy journalism and nothing positive to write about, so far it's been reported that he's going to, Villa, Crystal Palace, Barcelona, Sevilla, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Sheff Utd amongst a few, only believe it when you read it on the official Brentford website, all other tittle tattle, just ignore.

What does your head tell you when you think of a price for Maupay? Forget the fact that you're a Brentford fan.

If Abraham was to become available I think we'd sign him. £20m for a striker is cheap, also have to bear in mind that Moraes isn't a £20m striker that's just how much we paid for him, his true market value is around £15m.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Agree totally that we need another striker.  Think we’ll keep Davis as a third option and can see Kodj  and Hogan being sold.   Someone said i was being daft in the week when I suggested another big striker deal being done, but we just think we might you know?  Even if it’s very late in the window and Tammy returns on loan for another season.  

I see the Euro U21 tournament starts today.  I wonder if we are keeping an eye on anyone?

I agree with most of that. The only slight difference (thinking about the long term) is that I'd be tempted to loan Davis out to get experience rather than having him sit around as 3rd choice. So the perfect scenario for me would be to sign another striker, sell Hogan (if anyone is stupid enough to take him), loan Davis out and keep Kodjia as 3rd choice. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Abraham was to become available I think we'd sign him. £20m for a striker is cheap, also have to bear in mind that Moraes isn't a £20m striker that's just how much we paid for him, his true market value is around £15m.

I agree. I can't see Wesley coming in as our first choice number 9 with only Kodjia and Hogan as competition, we are just asking to be relegated. I wouldn't be surprised if we were shoving £35m in front of Brentford for Benrahma and Maupay. Chuck in Hogan as well and you never know.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

also have to bear in mind that Moraes isn't a £20m striker that's just how much we paid for him, his true market value is around £15m.

Come again? He has just been purchased for £22m so his market value is..er..£22m

Or are you assuming that Purslow is still pissed up after promotion so chucked Brugge an extra £7m as a good will gesture?

Just now, av1 said:

I agree with most of that. The only slight difference (thinking about the long term) is that I'd be tempted to loan Davis out to get experience rather than having him sit around as 3rd choice. So the perfect scenario for me would be to sign another striker, sell Hogan (if anyone is stupid enough to take him), loan Davis out and keep Kodjia as 3rd choice. 

Wouldn’t argue or be against that either.  Kodj on his day, could be useful, but not a starter of games.   If the Butland signing turns out to be true, then i think it shows that our owners aren’t afraid to spend, so another striker coming in can’t be discounted.  

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I agree. I can't see Wesley coming in as our first choice number 9 with only Kodjia and Hogan as competition, we are just asking to be relegated. I wouldn't be surprised if we were shoving £35m in front of Brentford for Benrahma and Maupay. Chuck in Hogan as well and you never know.

£35m + Hogan is the equivalent of £36m 

We should offer £35m plus Hogan on loan with us supplementing his wages. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Come again? He has just been purchased for £22m so his market value is..er..£22m

Or are you assuming that Purslow is still pissed up after promotion so chucked Brugge an extra £7m as a good will gesture?

I think there has been a suggestion that we’ve paid a bit extra to help get past the work permit hurdle.

Edit that’s not to say he’s worth £15m, more that we’ve gone a touch further in order to make sure it gets through.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

9 minutes ago, useless said:

How did you work that out?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

£35m + Hogan is the equivalent of £34m 

Corrected. 

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think there has been a suggestion that we’ve paid a bit extra to help get past the work permit hurdle.

I know the exchange of cash filled envelopes is not uncommon in the world of football but i can't see us paying £7m more than a guy is worth simply to get a permit?