30 minutes ago, deeps said:

I still think we need the following 

1 GK (starter)

1 LB (starter)

2 CBS (not counting Mings)

1 CM (starter at CDM)

2 wingers (one starter one back up)

2 strikers (key starter one back up)

wouldn't suspire me if all our signings are from the championship (Bar Mings AEG and House). 

I think we need another 12-14 to add to our exisiting 11.

Questions over Kallanic, Bree, Chester, Bjarnasson, Thisbola, Lansbury & Hogan and their futures here.

We have:-

Steer, Nyland, Kallanic*

Gulibert, Elmohamady, Bree*, Chester*, Taylor

Bjarnasson*, Tshisbola* Lansbury*, Hourihane, McGinn, Grealish, Green, El Ghazi

Kodja, Hogan*

RHM, Davis & O'Hare may also leave on loan.

I think we need the following based on the above.

First Team (FT)   -   Squad Player (SQ)

GK x 1 (FT)*

DC x 4 (FT x 2 - SQ x 2)*

DL x 1 (FT)

DM x 2 (FT x 1 - SQ x 1)*

MR x 2 (FT x 1 - SQ x 1)

MC x 1 (FT or SQ)

AMC x 1 (SQ)

ST x 3 (FT x 2 - SQ x 1)*

I think we will see roughly 12-14 players arriving.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No need, was only messing around. He seems like a good player big step up to make. What's type of midfielder is he ? Similar to anyone?

A young Glenn Hoddle is best comparison to similar player mate i can think of.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Just realised we might get some of our friendly Leeds fans back on here to tell us how we won't get him for less than £30m.

I'm still waiting for @BigRed to respond to me. He assured me they were going up and only ever didn't beat teams who sat incredibly deep against them. Yet them seem to have not gone up I'm confused.

As a Norwich supporter on Reddit put it:  "They must be the only team to have ever won the league and not gotten promoted!"  hahaha

With Mark Harrison joining us from West Brom as Academy Manager

Maybe we will go for lad he has managed for their Academy:  Rekeem Harper who is having contract issues at West Brom. Celtic are early favorites for his signature.

Edited by Villan4Life

9 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

SPECULATION!

Very good player. Problem is Leeds (Bielsa) probably will only accept £20m as he is a key player. The other thing is At that price level we have been linked to some very good overseas players

• Like 1

I have no issue cherry picking the best championship players this season when we need quantity but also reasonable quality. All the names we are linked with would remain in the PL if their respective teams were promoted, and £15-£20m seems the going rate this year for outstanding Championship players when promising PL players are going for £40m+. Think not of the cost but the short term service and potential sell on value. I am certain this is what Purslow alludes to.

• Like 2

A midfield 3 of Grealish, McGinn and Phillips compliments itself beautifully, provided Phillips is consistently as good as when I’ve seen him play.

Youth, energy, skill, grit - the lot. 

Throw a couple of exciting wingers in there (Bowen and Benrahma ideally), we’d have a boss midfield.

Make it happen!

• Like 3

Sitting at home with kids here , me on my phone looking at transfer rumours and them watching kids TV ,

the ads on TV are on and all I hear is 

"I'm gonna get that " PAUSE " I'm gonna get that"

I'm sitting here looking at every rumour and all kids can hear is

"We are gonna get him " PAUSE " We are gonna get him"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

It was when he played his 3rd game for Coventry lol when i went watch Port Vale vs Coventry for St Mirren.

2 years later Coventry fans rate him bigger prospect than Maddison was when at Coventry. He's going to the top i have no reservations £3mil is a bargain.

Those ratings are my own and he's improved all round.

Can we have a thread just for Chris' scout reports!

• Haha 2