Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Might as well start.

According to the Birmingham Mail we are interested in Barnsley defender Liam Lindsey.

He has a girls name so seem to be in line with previous transfer strategy. Anyone seen him play?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Might as well start.

According to the Birmingham Mail we are interested in Barnsley defender Liam Lindsey.

He has a girls name so seem to be in line with previous transfer strategy. Anyone seen him play?

I've seen him play. He is a very good defender and very highly rated quite few clubs such as Leeds watching him and Norwich.

He is similar to Matt Clarke of Portsmouth and they probably in my view the two best young  Central Defenders in League 1. Lindsay is 23 and Clarke 22.

• Like 3

Quite startling that this is the kind of scale we need to rebuild on.  Even this relies on buying Mings.

------------------------Kalinic-----------------

Guilbert-----Chester----Mings-----New LB

-----------------------New DM-----------------

-----------McGinn----Hourihane/New AM------

Green-----------------------------------------New LM

-------------------------New Striker--------------

Going to clubs like Barnsley, and league one and two clubs suits me. I am ready for a sweeping the shit out and starting again. Get the young stars in, will need to buy a few extra as not all will come good, but as they'll be cheap that's affordable. Develop and grow a side that will play with each other for a few years. Keep loan signings to an absolute minimum. 

If Mings is willing to come then great, but frankly, 

I think Kalinic, Chester ( maybe ) and McGinn, oh and that French chap we've got coming in are the only players we keep - aside from the youngsters all on loan. Bring them back flog / release / retire everyone else:

Steer ( for his sake, needs football), Bunn, Taylor, Hutton, Kodja, Elmohamady, Jedinak, Whelan, Adomah, Bjarnason, Elphick, Lansbury, Nyland. plus Tuanzebe, Abraham, El Ghazi, Hause all go back to their clubs. Grealish is going to leave, as he should too. 

Andre Green and Davis I'm counting as youngsters for now. 

So we need a good 12-15 players to come into the first team squad. Maybe the loanees can fill some of those spots I dunno. But massive overhaul.

Absolutely no legs-gone oldies and cast outs from the Premier League club. Experience is not worth the cash right now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I've seen him play. He is a very good defender and very highly rated quite few clubs such as Leeds watching him and Norwich.

He is similar to Matt Clarke of Portsmouth and they probably in my view the two best young  Central Defenders in League 1. Lindsay is 23 and Clarke 22.

Is he a left or right sided centre back?

I think Chester will stay, he has probably missed the boat on a Premier League return.  If we can sign Mings it would be outstanding business but I see what quality he has and he must surely be attractive to PL teams.  There's a good chance Hause, Carroll and El Ghazi make their moves permanent, if Jack doesnt go this time then he is nuts not to want to go.  We need at least a striker, couple of wingers, defensive midfielder, number 10 and a centre half for the first choice XI, so they need to have lots of scouting done ready to go in the summer.  We can't really afford to let Jack's transfer saga to drag out for the whole summer again.

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

Going to clubs like Barnsley, and league one and two clubs suits me.

If Mings is willing to come then great, but frankly, 

I think Kalinic, Chester ( maybe ) and McGinn, oh and that French chap we've got coming in are the only players we keep - aside from the youngsters all on loan. Bring them back flog / release / retire everyone else:

Steer ( for his sake, needs football), Bunn, Taylor, Hutton, Kodja, Elmohamady, Jedinak, Whelan, Adomah, Bjarnason, Elphick, Lansbury, Nyland. plus Tuanzebe, Abraham, El Ghazi, Hause all go back to their clubs. Grealish is going to leave, as he should too. 

It might suit you - but I suspect you might be in the minority. And who's to say that Barnsley don't get promoted ? 

Hause is a loan with option to by, right -- which we will take up. Same for El Ghazi

Who's going to buy Grealish ?

Edited by SirSteveUK

He'll have lot's of options in the summer. Plenty of premier league sides know his ability. He's back fit now so he'll also have another 10 games to show his worth.

I'm sick of random cast offs, I might well be in the minority but I hope for a coherent plan, and if that involves taking a step back and slowing down the promotion ambition then so be it. It was all or nothing essentially to try and keep Jack, it hasn't worked and we have such an unbalanced squad.

Okwe might buy Hause, he's young enough, but I'm dubious about El Ghazi.

• Like 1

I would keep hold of:

GK - Kalinic, Nyland & Steer

RB - Guilbert, Bree

LB - Clark

CB - Chester, Mings, Hause (buy), Tuanzebe (loan)

CM - Hourihane, McGinn, Carroll (buy), Grealish, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare

LM - Green

RM - El Ghazi (buy)

ST - Davis, Hepburn-Murphy 

This means we would release:

Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton, Whelan, Richards, Lyden & Bunn

This means we can try to sell:

McCormack, Hogan, Kodjia, Elmohamady, Adomah, Bjarnason, Gardner, Tshibola, Taylor, Lansbury

It's a massive task, and there is no way that we would be able to sell all of those players. We will also be extremely lucky to hang on to Mings, Tuanzebe, McGinn and Grealish and so they also may need replacing.

In all likelihood some positions will not be strengthened over the Summer, it's a 1-2 year rebuild that is required.

If the next 2 seasons are going to be a slow from the ground rebuild (as it looks like) I can't see Grealish sticking around for that.

That would mean almost half of his career gone playing mostly lower league football earning half of what he could/should be making.

Granted he'd still be very rich and playing for his boyhood club, but nah.

won't blame him 1 second for jumping ship in the summer.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Somebody said Smith 1st summer at Brentford saw 18 players come in. I imagine be big summer of signings

So just about a regular summer window for us then :D:(

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Smith had to do the same in his first summer with Brentford.  16 players came in.

Here's hoping we have our scouting structure and everything else needed in place with Jesus, Juanfran and whatnot.

Brentford had all this in place. Smith ain't going to be able to scout and sign players while at the same time develop the players here and build a working team and have time to go on holiday.

I would start with the following, who would represent a decent Five-a-side team: 

Kalinic, Guilbert, Chester, Jack and McGinn.

I hope we can hold onto the last two above and sign Mings and possibly Hause permanently. I would also try to get Axel and Tammy for another season and use Green, Davis, Hepburn-Murphy, Sarkic, Clark, Doyle-Hayes and O'Hare regularly. Looks like Dean will have an awful lot of transfer work to do and I hope we will be able to dance around FFP so that he has the cash he will need to do it. 🤞   

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think a lot of fans will be in for a shock with our signings. I think it will be far from our tried and tested Premier League veterans

Sure hope so.

Just hope it's not all players from the lower tiers in England. 

Hopefully that French guy is a sign of what's to come, we need a mix of ages and experience.