Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think it's fair to think that we will sign either a front man that can play any of the front three positions or two players h a wide attacker and a striker. 

One player to cover both areas would be ideal but gotta be a limited pool of players who could do that effectively. 

I wonder if we will see Davis, Bree, O'Hare leave tomorrow. I can see O'Hare ending up in League One again so could happen later this month, Davis and Bree need Championship loans if we don't need them for depth!

• Like 1

I think we'll almost definitely sign a striker, only thing that might let us down is if other clubs come in at the last minute and steal our target so there's not much we can do about it, but doubt that will happen. Not so sure about a winger though, I can well believe that we want Benrahma, but think it might be a case of not being desperate for a winger but making an exception for him, after all we already have El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Jota, Grealish, Elmohamady, Kodjia, and even Jacob Ramsey who can all occupy those wide wide positions in one way or another. That said I'd like us to bring in another winger whether it's Benrahma or someone else.

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't see it. Simply because we are well run and do things quietly does not mean it's all finished.

True but that doesn't mean we get every player we want at a price we are willing to pay

Why am I nervous! I really want tomorrow to go well.  For me, priority is a striker and then Benrhama.....(I know everybody wants Benrhama including me but I also want another striker).

i shouldn’t be nervous though as we’ve had a great window and even if nothing happens tomorrow we are still in great shape.

But I am nervous 

Please please please......Striker and Benrhama.

Done.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

After the clear and smart planning that has obviously gone into this window, I'd be utterly stunned if Smith/Suso/Purslow/NSWE let Hogan leave to leave us with Wesley, Kodjia and Davis as our 3 if a striker bid collapses.

We'll sign one

Yeah i think we will. I said yesterday that 100% it would happen. I assumed a name would appear. 

Percey usually calls it the night before and nothing so far. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah i think we will. I said yesterday that 100% it would happen. I assumed a name would appear. 

Percey usually calls it the night before and nothing so far. 

He’s on holiday apparently. Villareport had a tip off 

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

True but that doesn't mean we get every player we want at a price we are willing to pay

I agree. Personally I think we've worked on a bunch of signings this summer that never happened cause we refused to budge from our valuation. Suspect Phillips and possibly Butland are examples. Soon probably Benrahma as well.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

After the clear and smart planning that has obviously gone into this window, I'd be utterly stunned if Smith/Suso/Purslow/NSWE let Hogan leave to leave us with Wesley, Kodjia and Davis as our 3 if a striker bid collapses.

We'll sign one

I personally would be surprised if they have left a key component until the dying hours.

I think the squad to go was in place for the friendly last Saturday.

For better or worse I think the plan is in place. Sure we might lack cover in certain areas - but we aren't aiming for perfection - we just need to be better than 3 other teams.

Might be a couple of fringe/backups even loans - but the first 11 comes from what we have imo

Keep thinking we are done, besides maybe Benrahma but the more I think about it the more we need a striker... Our options:

Wesley - Unproven

Kodjia - Injury prone?

Davis - Not ready and injury prone 

Hogan - Out on loan

RHM - Out on loan.

One or two injuries and we are totally screwed. Hopefully someone is coming in Tomorrow, even if backup.

46 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I hope we can have a villareport topic when this is all over, I'm going to miss the endless jokes and the endless people not getting that it's a joke. 

What's Villareport?

We have obviously got to play this one quietly so no one else gets wind until it’s announced and gazumps us. Would be very happy with augustin but am holding out for this mystery striker and if falls through I guess we may never know their identity. Man I’m getting impatient ! 

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

One of those really bad Twitter ITK's that just steal info from others and barely ever get anything right. Bunch of a*seholes.

I see, so does that mean they are some sort of centralised / consolidated place to look for all Villa news / bullshit. Like some kind of aggregator?

• Haha 1