Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I did mention it. I'd have not released so many, and signed around 5 or 6 players who can go straight into the first team. Held back some funds to strengthen again in January.

The players we released are were shit bar maybe Whelan who's 87 years old. Watford signed a load of players and were successful. Wolves? Smith has always said he wants 2 players competing for every position. You're just being negative for negatives sake.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm really quite concerned at how many players we brought in. I hope it works but I fear we'll be going into October and November hearing about how they need time to get.

Let's face it we've taken some massive gambles here. 

When you lose five loan signings and end the contracts of another eight players who are too old or just not good enough even for the bench, then you have to replace them with quality.

If you've done  the maths Genie you should surely be of the same opinion as well.

Replace the expression "Let's face it we've taken some massive gambles here" with "thank god we've got rich and sensible owners, a crack CEO, sporting director and head coach who know how to scout and sign the players they need", because that's where we're at. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I think if there was a problem with players gelling, we'd have seen signs of it in the preseason friendlies (regardless of the standard of the opposition). I didn't. I saw players working a system, very effectively. Guilbert, Jota and Grealish, for example, looked like they'd played together for years. 

It'll work. 

Thatas nonsense Mike, half the players haven't played yet and the fact it was 2nd and 3rd rate opposition completely relevant. How on earth can you come to that conclusion? Like the poster commenting on their characters and willingness to fight for the cause. Some people are easily bought...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Thatas nonsense Mike, half the players haven't played yet and the fact it was 2nd and 3rd rate opposition completely relevant. How on earth can you come to that conclusion? Like the poster commenting on their characters and willingness to fight for the cause. Some people are easily bought...

Genie, I'm starting to think you're trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I think our business so far has been necessary and fantastic. Anyone who complains needs a good shake if u ask me

Mental. We just dont know yet how good the business is. That's a fact. It's a lot of players, from across the world, who have never played together in a league they're not familiar with. It might work, I hope it does. But its risky.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Mental. We just dont know yet how good the business is. That's a fact. It's a lot of players, from across the world, who have never played together in a league they're not familiar with. It might work, I hope it does. But its risky.

It's a valid opinion.

You've yet to lay out a realistic alternative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Genie, I'm starting to think you're trolling.

Because I have a nervousness about our unprecedented transfer dealings? Any team can look good against Walsall or Charlton. It's a good run out, but you cant draw conclusions from it. Liverpool have not won any of there 4 games. Will they struggle?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I actually agree on this part. It is a gamble and we have no idea how it'll work. But I'd rather have taken this risk then keep last year's squad together and add 4/5 players because that would NOT have been good enough. At least this has the potential to be good enough.

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Must be an incoming Right Winger.

Yeah I thought we must be have another winger on the cards, can't see us letting green go on loan and only sticking with the 3 wingers we have for 2 positions.

Question is.....who?

@Genie

From the players we’ve brought in, along with those that have been let go and obviously those that have been retained...what does your ideal match day squad for Spurs look like?

I appreciate you’ve seen more of, say, Jedinak than Marvelous so it’s not necessarily easy to say, but in your opinion, what should that line up and bench look like on the opening day?

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

You should get a job with Talksport

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah I thought we must be have another winger on the cards, can't see us letting green go on loan and only sticking with the 3 wingers we have for 2 positions.

Question is.....who?

Wilson or Benrahma?   Would be happy with either.   I also think it’s good for Green to play a full season in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Risky? What is your suggestion otherwise then..

If and it’s a big if.....this all goes tits up then so be it. We had to leave behind the deadwood from previous seasons and look to the future.

Try to stop listening to outsiders that don’t know the full facts and take confidence that if only half these signings work out we will still be a very good team with super rich owners and a great management team.

UTV

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

@Genie

From the players we’ve brought in, along with those that have been let go and obviously those that have been retained...what does your ideal match day squad for Spurs look like?

I appreciate you’ve seen more of, say, Jedinak than Marvelous so it’s not necessarily easy to say, but in your opinion, what should that line up and bench look like on the opening day?

I'm not going to bother, because the opinion on her seems to be that despite getting the 2 play off finals in a row, winning the second one the players are actually garbage. They would lose 5-0 every week in the big boy league. However, the expensively assembled squad of unproven players are going to hit the ground running and there is zero possible doubt that were better off for it.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

You are correct, but there's not really an alternative. You are talking about a league where two proven and solid unspectacular centrebacks are sold for 45 and 90 million. We had to buy lots, but we had to be cost efficient. 

Secondly this is where the whole 'do you trust and believe in the manager' comes into play. 

• Like 1

So far so good with the transfers, replaced all the ones that have left, got 2 players in most positions now, just need another striker, and probably to sell one or two likes of Lansbury hogan...