Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

He's definitely not one of the best finishers in Europe at all. His game is based on power, pace and strength. Even back during the best spell of his career he used to miss bucket loads of chances.

He’s been around for 10 years is only 26 years old, I remember him breaking through at Anderlecht when he was 16 years old and thinking ‘wow, who is this guy?’. He scored 25 league goals for Everton in 2016/17 and that prompted Manchester United to sign him. I think he is a fantastic striker, I’d take him here, Smith would get the best out of him

7 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Some do. Some are worth listening to when they do say something. But I was referring to finding out who somebody is in about the same time it takes to type the question into Google.

Oh I didn’t realise your post was a reply to me.

i did actually Google “Dan Bardell” before asking the question... google didn’t make it any clearer whether Dan would be in the ITK or not.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Lukaku is only 26 years old, it just feels like he has been around for longer, I’d take him here. He’s an excellent striker in my opinion, one of the best finishers in Europe, he’s just going through a bad spell currently

i wouldnt.

1) He advised Bolasie not to join Villa prior to his loan, granted i didnt like Bolasie, but any player who talks like that about Villa, STFU.

2) hes fat, he's not in half the shape he was a couple of years ago, he literally looks like he could be in a McDonalds advert.

Other reasons too, but cba, dont like him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s been around for 10 years is only 26 years old, I remember him breaking through at Anderlecht when he was 16 years old and thinking ‘wow, who is this guy?’. He scored 25 league goals for Everton in 2016/17 and that prompted Manchester United to sign him. I think he is a fantastic striker, I’d take him here, Smith would get the best out of him

He started out quite promising and for a while looked like he may live up to the hype but I think he's finished now. But my main point in my original post was that he has never been one of Europe's top finishers. Even at the peak of his game, he was a crap finisher. It's always been his biggest weakness.

Also, I don't think Smith could get the best out of him. Smith's type of player is someone who is quick, agile and good on the ball. Lukaku is not a "footballer". His technique is woeful and that is something that can't be taught. Honestly, when he has the ball he looks like he's stumbling all over the place.

Anyway, he's never ever coming here, thankfully.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Club Brugge got any decent strikers?

We were linked to Mbwana Samatta from Genk earlier this window. 

Outscored Wesley last year. Got 23 goals.

Lukaku is still a very good player, there's a reason that clubs like Juventus and Inter Milan are interested in him, fourteen goals last season in 29 games worth of football, so nearly an average of a goal every two games. Yet another player who gets a lot of unfair criticism for some reason.

The transfer fee situation at the moment is crazy. Yes we have spent a shed load, but we have bought lots of players for the outlay. We haven’t really gone way beyond our record transfer fee paid out for one player. Couple of mill probs, overall? 

It makes you wonder whether the board want to pay the prices that we are seeing for an individual player to show whether we are REALLY serious or not. My personal feeling is that we should look at a loan with an option to buy - for, 40/50m, if we can. We need to have one eye on the drop zone, so we should be prepared for that. Signing 40m players right now isn’t really going to help us if we do drop. 

Its quite interesting what is going on right now. Would love to be a fly on the wall in board room meetings with this lot. 

Edited by Tayls