Jump to content
sne

Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

Recommended Posts

Jonathan Bamba from Lille? They've sold Pepe and Leao so why not go all the way and get rid of the whole forward line? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Maupay off to Brighton gathering speed, it will be interesting to see how the club reacts. They will need to tie up a deal for this striker soon otherwise they risk losing out on their plan A and plan B.

Im convinced we’ll see a late move for Benrahma as well. I think Brentford will accept 15-18m nearer the end of the window.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jdguitar said:

Would be surprised if we managed to land him or Belotti but who knows

Chances of getting Belotti bean and gone imo.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Crouch coming out of retirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Chances of getting Belotti bean and gone imo.

ba GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost a certainty to me it's Abraham. We wanted to retain our loan signings, and we need another striker. The striker we sign must also be able to hold his own alone up top, and Abraham dings every requirement. Even if Lampard rates him, he got them playing 4-2-3-1 and Giroud must be ahead in the pecking order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's almost a certainty to me it's Abraham. We wanted to retain our loan signings, and we need another striker. The striker we sign must also be able to hold his own alone up top, and Abraham dings every requirement. Even if Lampard rates him, he got them playing 4-2-3-1 and Giroud must be ahead in the pecking order. 

You mean the same Abraham who started last night for Chelsea in their last pre-season game? As Chelsea cant even replace him theres no way he would come. Honestly dont think he would want either, he seems very happy having a go there this season under Lampard

Edited by trom_borg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abraham was given the shirt number 9, he isn't leaving.

Don't even know if he's good enough at this level. Look at his time at Swansea.

Maybe in January

Edited by villalad21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Another Wank Wednesday it seems!

Can't beat one though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

You mean the same Abraham who started last night for Chelsea in their last pre-season game? As Chelsea cant even replace him theres no way he would come. Honestly dont think he would want either, he seems very happy having a go there this season under Lampard

That would be him. 

I am not saying we have a chance in signing him, but it's very likely he's been our target all along. 

I also find it surprising a team fighting for the title find him good enough, cause personally I am not sure he is even midtable quality, but I guess they might have a transfer embargo going on. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why not? Seems the obvious choice for Deano. 

Because Lampard has been giving him games in preseason and Tammy is desperate to make it at Chelsea.  Its a now or never season for him there I think with Lampard coming in and their transfer ban etc.  Just my thoughts.  All points to him saying there at least this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That would be him. 

I am not saying we have a chance in signing him, but it's very likely he's been our target all along. 

I also find it surprising a team fighting for the title find him good enough, cause personally I am not sure he is even midtable quality, but I guess they might have a transfer embargo going on. 

If he was our target then we are run by fools. 

Luckily there is no chance. He made it clear he wants to stay at chelsea and chelsea are making it clear he has a part to play there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit concerned with how long it's taking to finalise douglas and nakamba, if they don't play vs Leipzig is there any chance their first game for us would be spurs?

If hourihane is out first choice DM at spurs I am not going to be a happy bunny....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ponky said:

Hopefully Heaton arriving for a medical might finally lure Marv out of the medical room. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Bit concerned with how long it's taking to finalise douglas and nakamba, if they don't play vs Leipzig is there any chance their first game for us would be spurs?

If hourihane is out first choice DM at spurs I am not going to be a happy bunny....

Nothing we can do to speed up the work permits. 

Its a long season, they will be in there soon enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That would be him. 

I am not saying we have a chance in signing him, but it's very likely he's been our target all along. 

I also find it surprising a team fighting for the title find him good enough, cause personally I am not sure he is even midtable quality, but I guess they might have a transfer embargo going on. 

Have a think. If theres no chance of signing him, why would he be the focus of our efforts? It's not Abraham.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Have a think. If theres no chance of signing him, why would he be the focus of our efforts? It's not Abraham.

It seemed unlikely Abraham would love from the championship to fight for a starting place at Chelsea. Lampard might have changed that. Either way it's a certainty to me Smith wanted to keep Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

If you wanna believe it's some mystery striker that's fair enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It seemed unlikely Abraham would love from the championship to fight for a starting place at Chelsea. Lampard might have changed that. Either way it's a certainty to me Smith wanted to keep Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

If you wanna believe it's some mystery striker that's fair enough. 

Abraham has been at Chelsea from an early age.

He has made it clear in interviews that his ambition was to play for Chelsea in the Premier League.

If he is going to realise that dream now is the time, he will never get a better opportunity than this year, he knows that & isn't going to give up his dream now it is in reach.

We have signed Wesley as Abraham's replacement, the 'mystery' striker will play a different style in my opinion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â