Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree with people who are saying we should keep Kodja and sell Hogan as Kodja is the better player, actually finding someone to buy Hogan is the problem. 

Hopefully Bruce. Sell him Birkir as well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

So, only us, Sheff Utd and Brighton have been linked to Maupay from the Prem. Why is that?

If he’s this certainty of a Premier League striker that many seem to think, why are others not in for him? Is it the price? Or perhaps his height? Or maybe he’s just a gamble that could be next on the list of prolific Championship strikers that haven’t been able to step up?

I’m genuinely asking btw, not being anti-Maupay.

Only Brighton were linked with Mings yet we all wanted him. 

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Big Sam: "Villa got rid of 12 players and had no squad so the best thing to do is bring in 3 really expensive players. Trust me, I'm a big fat idiot with absolutely no class".

I’m sometimes sceptical about claim posters on here make saying we are going to finish top 10 but this post sums up the other side of the coin for me. 

What exactly would Allardyce consider to be a ‘good’ window for us? Did he think we would sign £40m players for each position? Or would we have been better not buying many and sticking with the likes of Whelan and Jedinak? 

Surely if he did just a little bit of research he would come to understand that we have played our hand as best we could and given ourselves the best chance possible of making a go of it in the Premier League? 

I shouldn’t be surprised but it is still staggering what passes for ‘analysis’, even at the highest level of the game. 

• Like 3

On 26/07/2019 at 08:57, Demitri_C said:

Yeah you are right about spending money does not make a good footballing team. However if you have  a talented coaching team in which I believe we do, he knows how to implement these players in.

I think on paper we have more squad depth, real quality and options that can change games.

Norwich and Sheffield United shaveargely trusted the team that got them up. It could work but that tactic is very dangerous as the leap from championship to premier league is massive as Cardiff showed. I think that Cardiff side was better than both Norwich and Sheffield United yet they failed in the premier league.

I think when I looked at the odds we were fancied more than the other two to stay up - which doesn't mean anything really

Sheffield, Norwich, Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle are all more fancied for relegation that us with bookies at the moment.

Then us, Bournemouth, Palace and Southampton are close together odds wise.

I'd be tempted to put 10 quid on Man Utd to get relegated at 1000/1.  I really think theyre going to have a terrible season

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So I wonder who the back up option after Leao is.

I think it's Benrahma. If that happens, a deal for Maupay will not, but I hope we will scour Europe for an even younger version of Wesley who doesn't mind being a squad player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

While we're raiding Brugge... how about their GK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56U9f_Nkt68 (vid features excellent Wesley goal)

That Wesley goal was a corker.

I like the bit at the end too, with Henry looking despondent in the rain. Mad to think he could've been our manager at one point.

Maupay has been in the background all summer, I'm sure he's a good striker but not convinced he would work in the one-up-top role that Wesley will play. We will need the ball to stick when it gets up the pitch, especially against the top sides. Kodja can do that and is unpredictable, Hogan can't and Davies looks likely to be loaned out.  Smith may want Maupay if he's going to play 3-5-2 but I'm expecting someone else to come in from overseas rather than us giving Brentford another £20m. Afterall we still need another keeper too.. 

36 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I'd be tempted to put 10 quid on Man Utd to get relegated at 1000/1.  I really think theyre going to have a terrible season

You might as well just chuck £10 in the bin. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I like the bit at the end too, with Henry looking despondent in the rain. Mad to think he could've been our manager at one point.

I know right?  Imagine if the journalist who completely made it up had been in charge and he'd ended up as our manager.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Kodjia got so much more ability than Hogan.

People on here are judging him but he's mostly been played out of position last season because of Abraham.

I'd sell Hogan and keep Kodjia.

It's all the tap in goals missed over several seasons because he was greedy and didn't pass really

Of course everyone would rather sell Hogan but reality is that no one would be stupid enough to make any kind of substantial offer for him. 

Kodija just doesn’t have the work ethic and team work required to play consistently  at this level.

• Like 2

Cristian Pavon still hasn't moved, supposedly he's on his way to LA Galaxy for £15m. But the deal is not done yet.

Would be a stellar signing if we could steal him from them.

• Like 2