Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

43 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

I think most clubs you look at now a lot will have a certain level of player power, as they are seen as a more valuable commodity than a replaceable manager, and I do definitely think Brendan will be gone once a big club comes calling

I wouldn't neccessarily say there was ever as much player power as Leicester as talked about in the media, there is some, but not enough for that to be the only reason managers were getting sacked

Ranieri won us the league, but that 2nd season he just tried to change to much about the style of play and also changed a lot behind the scenes in terms of training and even pre match meals etc., we were woeful in the Premier League matches, myself and a lot of other Leicester fans honestly think we would have gone down if we kept Ranieri, and the problem became that fans of other clubs just saw it from the outside that we were sacking a title winning manager, not the massive downward spiral we were on

Shakespeare wasn't ever really a manager, he is very good when it comes to being friendly with the players and keeping them happy, but he just didn't seem to have it with the tactical/managerial side

Now Puel is an interesting one, yes we were getting results and in the top half, but the football had to of been the most boring stuff I have ever watched, and reports from our local journo's regularly commented on how apparently his training sessions just weren't that intensive and not really interesting enough for the players, I do have to admit he is brilliant when it comes to youth players, without him I don't think someone like Chilwell would be at the point he is now

I think the main hope is that this season we need at least 7th place/to win a cup to get european football on some level, or next summer we really could run the risk of losing a lot of our main 11 to bigger clubs, there have already been the links this summer "setting the groundwork" for future interest from clubs

I followed Leicester very well that season. We were one of the reasons you won the league, you were one of the reasons for us to go down after that game in your place.

But anyway, I really supported Leicester and been very happy when they got the title.

Anyway I was saying that Ranieri will definitely take the club backwards in the longer term. I even said that before the season started. Although he should have a chance and I guess he had enough chance. If you were comfortable without being in relegation battle I would have said let him complete the season. But as it was, it was the only choice that Leicester had.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maupay it is then?

I don’t think we’ll get a forward. We’ll get Benrahma and Kodjia will be as a backup till January. With Trezeguet being able to play there for the time being.

I don’t think the club would put 20m+ in Maupay. He won’t be a huge investment. Benrahma on the other hand could have his price doubled once or twice.

22 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Leao is off to AC Milan.

And Pepe going to Napoli apparently.

Not that he was ever going here.

Lille getting some nice cash injections there £100m or something like that for those 2 + Adam Ounas 

Edited by sne

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Would prefer us to go for Jean Philippe Mateta from Mainz  to Maupay personally if we are gunna get a young french striker. Obligatory YouTube video .

Jean-Paul Boetius puts most of them on a plate for him, though.

Let’s buy him as well then 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😂 joking aside I would like us to get Calvin Stengs from AZ Alkmaar to cover the wings rather than Wilson if we can’t get Benrahma. Kids got a very bright future ahead of him.

http://www.football-oranje.com/the-50-eredivisie-u21-stars-to-watch-2018-19-calvin-stengs/

He may have only played a handful of matches for AZ so far in his career, but the 19-year-old’s talent was clear to see and it is safe to say he is one of the most gifted wingers the Netherlands have produced in recent years.

A tall and strong left-footed right winger, Stengs has explosive pace and excellent technique. He can glide past his opponents at will on the right and loves to cut in and shoot at goal, just like a certain Arjen Robben.

Stengs has a slender figure but he is strong and hard to knock off the ball when he decides to drive at a defence. He also has the quick feet to beat his opponents in tight spaces.

Obligatory YouTube video 

Edited by thabucks

Wilson I have no idea of his position on the pitch for 15 million that is a no no.  if I was to pigeon hole him into an 11 I would rather Bowen from Hull or Joe Lolley for the same money.

Lazy link me thinks!

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Let’s buy him as well then 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😂 joking aside I would like us to get Calvin Stengs from AZ Alkmaar to cover the wings rather than Wilson if we can’t get Benrahma. Kids got a very bright future ahead of him.

Bet the fee Stengs.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

http://www.football-oranje.com/the-50-eredivisie-u21-stars-to-watch-2018-19-calvin-stengs/

He should sign for Brentford just because Bee Stengs

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Perin is apparently unhappy with the wages we offered him.... Strange link for sure and probs agent nonsense but if we could get him in loan with option to make permanent when he is fit would be good for all parties leaving us more money to spunk on a striker. 

Forget him then. I would rather see the money going to get Maupay rather than  giving a crocked goalie more pay.

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Perin is apparently unhappy with the wages we offered him.... Strange link for sure and probs agent nonsense but if we could get him in loan with option to make permanent when he is fit would be good for all parties leaving us more money to spunk on a striker. 

Why we would we sign a keeper who recently failed a medical at Benfica and is out until January with shoulder injury and has done ACL in both knees in short career. One of the absurdest rumours yet imo

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Southampton and Bournemouth linked to Bartłomiej Drągowski, a highly rated 21-year old GK from Fiorentina. Could be worth a look.

Butland still the preference though.

Great keeper but they have loaned out Alban Lafont to make way for him so can’t see him going this summer . Think it will be Butland myself 

• Like 1

I can see logic to the Wilson links although think it’s likely paper talk. Wilson and Jota competing on the right with El ghazi and Trezeguet on the other side is a clear intended style of play. Wilson, albeit differently to Jota likes to sit inside a little and allow the full back to overlap, he takes on defenders in the same kind of way. It’ll make total sense in terms of two players competing for a spot in the side, and would allow Green to go on loan