Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Not sure how I feel about Harry Wilson. Never been hugely impressed but then the main times I’ve seen him play are against us when we really bossed them so maybe not fair to use that as a judgement. 

Obviously has a fantastic left foot and a good scoring record in the Champo. He’d also be a very different type of option to the other wide players we have. Does he have enough for the PL beyond the great left peg though? 

Always struck me as only being moderately fast, very weak and only moderately skilful. 

Perin is apparently unhappy with the wages we offered him.... Strange link for sure and probs agent nonsense but if we could get him in loan with option to make permanent when he is fit would be good for all parties leaving us more money to spunk on a striker. 

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Perin is apparently unhappy with the wages we offered him.... Strange link for sure and probs agent nonsense but if we could get him in loan with option to make permanent when he is fit would be good for all parties leaving us more money to spunk on a striker. 

To be fair, when was the last time we heard a player turn us down because of wages? We’re normally the ones chucking too much at players. Again shows our new stance in negotiations. Not allowing people to take us for a ride any longer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Linked to Harry Wilson for £15m on SSN just now. Can't see it happening. Newcastle also after him apparently.

Don’t see any reality in that. Possible Wilson agent. I still think its Benrahma is one we’re really interested at.

We’re not in a big need for a winger, but someone like Benrahma is an investment for the future.

• Like 1

We have two genuine wingers, El Ghazi and Hassan. Jota can play there. Green, well its questionable if he'll ever be good enough. I'm certain another winger is needed and wanted and I think Benrahma is the guy.

That, or a striker who can play wide. The way this preseason is going, both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Injury prone and failed a medical at Benfica. He's hardly in the best bargaining position (if true)

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We have two genuine wingers, El Ghazi and Hassan. Jota can play there. Green, well its questionable if he'll ever be good enough. I'm certain another winger is needed and wanted and I think Benrahma is the guy.

That, or a striker who can play wide. The way this preseason is going, both.

I think Smith want to play inside forwards rather that traditional wingers.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Smith want to play inside forwards rather that traditional wingers.

Puts a lot of responsibility on the full backs.

Hopefully Targett and Guilbert are up too it and don't get injured.

Taylor is not up to this style and while Elmo has a cross in him I'm not sure he's good enough for this style either.

Great when it works thou as, very effective and hard to defend against.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Not sure how I feel about Harry Wilson. Never been hugely impressed but then the main times I’ve seen him play are against us when we really bossed them so maybe not fair to use that as a judgement. 

Obviously has a fantastic left foot and a good scoring record in the Champo. He’d also be a very different type of option to the other wide players we have. Does he have enough for the PL beyond the great left peg though? 

Always struck me as only being moderately fast, very weak and only moderately skilful. 

He strikes me as a player as too good for the championship but not quite good enough for the Prem ... could be wrong (probs am) but he just doesn’t seem quite good enough for me especially at that price. 

7 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Nothing against Leicester as I lived there a while back and I am looking forward to resuming banter with my friends who are fellow foxes.

My worry with Rodgers is that he always starts well (Apart from at Watford I think) but it goes downhill fast.  He is like a snake oil salesman that gets you at first until you realise he is full of it.  Add to that the one Brendan loves is Brendan.  He lasted a few years at Celtic as there was no real competition.

With the player power that exists at Leicester the past few years, has that been slowly erased as you have sold your older players?

I think most clubs you look at now a lot will have a certain level of player power, as they are seen as a more valuable commodity than a replaceable manager, and I do definitely think Brendan will be gone once a big club comes calling

I wouldn't neccessarily say there was ever as much player power as Leicester as talked about in the media, there is some, but not enough for that to be the only reason managers were getting sacked

Ranieri won us the league, but that 2nd season he just tried to change to much about the style of play and also changed a lot behind the scenes in terms of training and even pre match meals etc., we were woeful in the Premier League matches, myself and a lot of other Leicester fans honestly think we would have gone down if we kept Ranieri, and the problem became that fans of other clubs just saw it from the outside that we were sacking a title winning manager, not the massive downward spiral we were on

Shakespeare wasn't ever really a manager, he is very good when it comes to being friendly with the players and keeping them happy, but he just didn't seem to have it with the tactical/managerial side

Now Puel is an interesting one, yes we were getting results and in the top half, but the football had to of been the most boring stuff I have ever watched, and reports from our local journo's regularly commented on how apparently his training sessions just weren't that intensive and not really interesting enough for the players, I do have to admit he is brilliant when it comes to youth players, without him I don't think someone like Chilwell would be at the point he is now

I think the main hope is that this season we need at least 7th place/to win a cup to get european football on some level, or next summer we really could run the risk of losing a lot of our main 11 to bigger clubs, there have already been the links this summer "setting the groundwork" for future interest from clubs

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He strikes me as a player as too good for the championship but not quite good enough for the Prem ... could be wrong (probs am) but he just doesn’t seem quite good enough for me especially at that price. 

He very much reminds me of Anthony Knockaert, does below average in the Prem, never really getting more than 10 total goal contributions in a season, but the Championship is like a playground for them

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What the feck happened here?

No signings? 

Just feel the owners aren’t backing the manager properly 😂 when do we start the protests outside the ground?

• Like 1