Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

29 minutes ago, useless said:

It's already proven to be a blessing. If we'd have gone up Xia, Wyness, Round and probably Bruce would still be at the club now, and Sawiris and Edens may well bought a different club.

Welcome Andy Carroll. The 30 year old striker signs a 5 year deal to becomes Villa's 4th signing of the summer after John-Joe Shelvy, Ravel Morrison, and Alex Bruce sign long term deals.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, sne said:

Would only be misleading if I hadn't also posted the games missed stat surely?

And I did post them.

As I said I suggested him earlier in the summer but as he's had 2 major knee injuries (one happened close to the end of a season) and problems with his shoulders I'm a bit hesitant.

When fit he's a great keeper.

Never mentioned him in with Sturridge.

Sorry sne, i quoted you only to include the stats, and didn't intend to imply that my points related to anything you said.  More that i doubt the authenticity and validity of how transfermarkt portray those metrics.

I do in fact agree with you that he would be a massive risk.

I actually spoke to a friend of mine who watches juve frequently, his knee injuries were to different knees so less worrying that recurring, but his 4 shoulder injuries are all to the same shoulder, so i suspect this would scupper any big move.

• Thanks 1

Some of the comments on Fantasy Football Scout after I posted the Villa XI is looking amazing: 

"You do realize the Prem causes high flying teams to be grounded, yes? The amount of goals these promoted teams score is cut by a third off the top, then gets worse from there."

"I think villa will struggle and do well to not to get relegated....
All those players are going to get a real shock when they start playing in the BPL."

"No, like Fulham last season. You've bought a load of £12m players untested in the Premier League and frankly largely unheard of. You don't stand a chance of doing a Wolves - they had trusted international calibre players like Ruben Neves, Patricio and Moutinho come in."

From a West Ham fan 😂

"Being a fan of Villa you are a probably a bit delusional IMO. "

"Avoiding relegation would be a massive achievement for Villa this season."

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some of the comments on Fantasy Football Scout after I posted the Villa XI is looking amazing: 

"You do realize the Prem causes high flying teams to be grounded, yes? The amount of goals these promoted teams score is cut by a third off the top, then gets worse from there."

"I think villa will struggle and do well to not to get relegated....
All those players are going to get a real shock when they start playing in the BPL."

"No, like Fulham last season. You've bought a load of £12m players untested in the Premier League and frankly largely unheard of. You don't stand a chance of doing a Wolves - they had trusted international calibre players like Ruben Neves, Patricio and Moutinho come in."

From a West Ham fan 😂

"Being a fan of Villa you are a probably a bit delusional IMO. "

"Avoiding relegation would be a massive achievement for Villa this season."

I agree 100% with that final comment. 

• Like 3

I'm going to try and stay grounded as well. I genuinely think we've given ourselves the best possible chance but there are no guarantees.  I'd say we'll know a lot more about how our season is going to pan out by the end of September.  

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree 100% with that final comment. 

Same. I'm excited about this summer as well, and I like a lot of the signings, but some of this top half talk seems a bit premature. I just want to survive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Same. I'm excited about this summer as well, and I like a lot of the signings, but some of this top half talk seems a bit premature. I just want to survive.

We will finish above Bournemouth Everton Watford Southampton Brighton Palace Wham Norwich Sheffield Newcastle Burnley. That's already 9th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It was an absolute blessing in disguise losing to Fulham in that play off final.

I remember saying that the moment we got the new owners. It might be a blessing that we lost the final.

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The opinion of the person that called it the ‘BPL’ is instantly void.

Prefer that to when people call it the 'premiership', name changed about 15 years ago and some people still haven't realised 

Now that it looks like our defence and midfield is pretty much sorted, I started having a think about our options at centre forward as I know a lot of people are saying we still need another option. I was interested to see what options our potential rivals this season have got in this area. Im not including Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Wolves or Watford for this purpose as I think they're teams that we should be challenging over the next 2-3 years, providing we can stay up this season.

Sheffield Utd:
Clarke
Mousset
Evans
Sharp

Newcastle:
Joelinton
Muto
Gayle

Palace:
Benteke
Sorloth
Ayew
Wickham

Norwich:
Pukki
Rhodes
Srbeny

Brighton:
Murray
Locadia
Andone

Burnley:
Barnes
Wood
Vydra
Rodriguez

Southampton:
Ings
Long
Adams
Austin
Obafemi

If our options at CF are Wesley, Kodjia, Hogan and Davis then how does everyone think we stack up against those teams? I think Kodjia is fine as second choice (and is probably on par with the other teams second choices) but a lot will depend on how quickly Wesley adapts. Interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks

Edited by Biskitt

18 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Now that it looks like our defence and midfield is pretty much sorted, I started having a think about our options at centre forward as I know a lot of people are saying we still need another option. I was interested to see what options our potential rivals this season have got in this area. Im not including Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Wolves or Watford for this purpose as I think they're teams that we should be challenging over the next 2-3 years, providing we can stay up this season.

Sheffield Utd:
Clarke
Mousset
Evans
Sharp

Newcastle:
Joelinton
Muto
Gayle

Palace:
Benteke
Sorloth
Ayew
Wickham

Norwich:
Pukki
Rhodes
Srbeny

Brighton:
Murray
Locadia
Andone

Burnley:
Barnes
Wood
Vydra
Rodriguez

Southampton:
Ings
Long
Adams
Austin
Obafemi

If our options at CF are Wesley, Kodjia, Hogan and Davis then how does everyone think we stack up against those teams? I think Kodjia is fine as second choice (and is probably on par with the other teams second choices) but a lot will depend on how quickly Wesley adapts. Interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks

Don’t forget Rushian-Hepburn-Murphy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We will finish above Bournemouth Everton Watford Southampton Brighton Palace Wham Norwich Sheffield Newcastle Burnley. That's already 9th

I'm not as confident. We will finish above Newcastle - because everyone will. Outside that we will have to wait and see 

56 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Sheffield Utd:
Clarke
Mousset
Evans
Sharp

Newcastle:
Joelinton
Muto
Gayle

Palace:
Benteke
Sorloth
Ayew
Wickham

Norwich:
Pukki
Rhodes
Srbeny

Brighton:
Murray
Locadia
Andone

Burnley:
Barnes
Wood
Vydra
Rodriguez

Southampton:
Ings
Long
Adams
Austin
Obafemi

Looking at that list and Kodjia is better than 90% of them lol. If Davis can push on, I'd say we have enough to stack up at least until January. Of course I wouldn't mind another striker. Maupay would be ideal.

On 24/07/2019 at 18:59, LakotaDakota said:

I suppose the one major concern is that despite how crap some of those may be they are all used to playing in the premier league. Take Elmo, Chester & Taylor out of our team (they are unlikely to feature every week anyway one would imagine) and we have about 30 premier league appearances between the whole squad

Probably more than Wolves had at this stage last year??