Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can't say too much, All I can and will say is, we've a bid in for Leao.

- Wether what we have submitted is acceptable is another question.

- and, IF it gets accepted it goes down to Laeo to decide.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Cheers fella, has your source offered insights on any other targets, or is this a one off piece of intel?

43 minutes ago, useless said:

Hepburn-Murphy and Davis both briliant in every sense of the word, Hogan played well too once he got his goal, and with Kodjia still to come back maybe we aren't so desperate for a striker after all.

Just to recap they were all playing against a bottom half league one club.  Let's see how they do against Leipzig who is a CL club.

Aside from the goal Hogan was constantly giving the ball away.

We need another striker, we saw in 15/16 where replacing Benteke with Gestede got us. As much as many people are dismissing quality of premier league you certainly need decent firepower in final third to be competitive in mid table.

I think at this point Maupay probably would make sense. Knows manager, looks good in championship and with his pace the sort of striker who could link up well with Wesley.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

After those 45 minutes today I'm convinced one of Leao or Maupay would be ideal to link up with Wesley. He's very Benteke-esque, if we can find him a partner better than Weimann or Gabby that suits his style he could be a very good find. 

Agreed, but much as I would love it to be Leao, I don't think we have a chance, it seems he is destined for Juve or Valencia, and as he is controlled by Mendes he will likely land at Wolves before us (or Everton) if he is coming to the PL.

I'll happily settle for Maupay this window.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just to recap they were all playing against a bottom half league one club.  Let's see how they do against Leipzig who is a CL club.

Aside from the goal Hogan was constantly giving the ball away.

We need another striker, we saw in 15/16 where replacing Benteke with Gestede got us. As much as many people are dismissing quality of premier league you certainly need decent firepower in final third to be competitive in mid table.

I think at this point Maupay probably would make sense. Knows manager, looks good in championship and with his pace the sort of striker who could link up well with Wesley.

Is Maupay quick? I thought its more he reads the game well and and takes his chances well?

Just now, Brumerican said:

We're a Joe Lolley away from doing the treble IMO.

Not a bad option if Benrahma is out of bounds this window, took his goal well last match too, he sure has an eye for goal. But are we now able to be a bit more picky and want just a little bit more quality (and a couple of years younger)?

57 minutes ago, useless said:

Hepburn-Murphy and Davis both briliant in every sense of the word, Hogan played well too once he got his goal, and with Kodjia still to come back maybe we aren't so desperate for a striker after all.

It was league 1 opposition. 

We 100% need a back up striker to challenge with kodjia. 

I don't trust Davis, RHM, Kodjia or Hogan at this level. None of them are good enough. Out of all of them, Davis is probably the best player. 
Would be happy if we sold both Hogan and Kodjia. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

I think he deserves the chance, I think he could surprise s few, he shakes it up. Not going to be starter unless Wesley gets injured. 

He won’t surprise me. He definitely has talent. Its just you can’t rely on him as a lone striker. He don’t get other players into the game too much.

• Like 1

I actually think RHM, COH and Davis looked very tidy today but I think they could benefit from another season on loan as high up the football pyramid as possible.

We've done some great business but we definitely need another attacking option. Someone like Maupay as mentioned would be fantastic because he can play more than one role in the team.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can't say too much, All I can and will say is, we've a bid in for Leao.

- Wether what we have submitted is acceptable is another question.

- and, IF it gets accepted it goes down to Laeo to decide.

Don't shoot the messenger.

If we sign him Andy you will be forever known as Rigo The Righteous All Seeing Eye Of Knowledge. If however we don’t you’ll be known only as Disappointing Delphino  The 2nd.  😂  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't trust Davis, RHM, Kodjia or Hogan at this level. None of them are good enough. Out of all of them, Davis is probably the best player. 

That's sensible, but I think our younger players could learn a lot from loan moves. But that goes without saying I guess 

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Davis the striker who doesn't score goals...