Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'd say as a minimum we need a goalkeeper, two DMs, a right winger, and a new centre forward. In an ideal world we'd probably like to bring in more, but will probably have to do it over several transfer windows.

• Like 1

If I'm honest I wouldn't mind us bringing in one player on a free to add depth and experience to the squad. 

I've loved what we've done so far in the market but I'd have no issues at all with a player like Welbeck or Sturridge signing. I think the negatives of those signings are their injury records and potential wages, but if we can keep them fit and bring them in on a wage that fits within the current structure, I'd definitely be happy with them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If I'm honest I wouldn't mind us bringing in one player on a free to add depth and experience to the squad. 

I've loved what we've done so far in the market but I'd have no issues at all with a player like Welbeck or Sturridge signing. I think the negatives of those signings are their injury records and potential wages, but if we can keep them fit and bring them in on a wage that fits within the current structure, I'd definitely be happy with them. 

Rather we didn’t, one rotten egg or bad influence (overpaid, lazy, below standard player) could disrupt & disturb the whole squad dynamic which has been really positive for a while now.

Seems to be a lot of togetherness and friendship between the players, looks like they enjoying training and spending time together.

Deano & Purslow have also said that we are very much focusing on the character of the players we are targeting as well as quality.

Been so long since we had such a positive atmosphere within the club and good relationship with fans. Times are looking good.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, peterms said:

My missus is popping in to the doctor's on her way home from work, if that's any help.

What position does she play. Mind you having read your posts, I'd guess you have been together a while now. So I guess she's a keeper.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jim said:

Saw Sturridge driving down the Tamworth Road in a white Ferrari earlier.  🕵️‍♂️

Did he escape from Julie B's basement?  Was Jermaine Defoe riding shotgun?

18 minutes ago, colhint said:

What position does she play. Mind you having read your posts, I'd guess you have been together a while now. So I guess she's a keeper.

When she and I played our kids, two a side, she was striker.  I was defence and DM, I would take the ball off the brats and pass it upfield to her, where she scored, again and again.  It's lucky we weren't playing the offside rule.

We still taunt them with their drubbing, years later.  They still resent it.

• Haha 4

Just now, useless said:

Anthony Knockeart having a medical with Fulham according to 'Sky', that's two wingers they've signed now if it goes ahead... Maybe we can get Sessegnon. .

100% not happening...  Fulham want stupid money for him (40+ Million).

He's only got one year left on his contract, if we loan him in we can sign him for free next summer. Edit: But yes I agree that it's probably not going to happen.

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, useless said:

He's only got one year left on his contract, if we loan him in we can sign him for free next summer.

Yeah cause that’s likely to happen?!  ... he’ll go to spurs ... we maybe enquired earlier this summer and either moved on due to cost of got told to jog on ... he’s very much unlikely to be coming ... 

Edited by thabucks

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

100% not happening...  Fulham want stupid money for him (40+ Million).

40m for a 20 year old championship player, in the last year of their contract and who has only played 1 season in the PL (and was mediocre at that)?! I remember Ashley Young went for £15m to Man Utd with 1 year left, and he had proved himself at the top level. Come January they will be lucky to get 10m.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

He was actually quite decent last season for Fulham, just didn't score as many as he did in the championship which I think causes some people to presume that he wasn't very good. He won't go for anywhere near £40m either, talk is that he'll cost around £25m.

Edited by useless

43 minutes ago, colhint said:

images.jpeg