Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Heaton would be a decent signing if Stoke are asking too much for Butland. He's got a few years at the top level and he is an international. Burnley bizarrely have a very strong group of keepers so if one is available for decent money, I'd go for it. Might also help Steer having a England international training alongside him.

I'd prefer Butland because he's got age on his side and there's not much between him and Heaton in terms of quality, but under the circumstances I'd be very happy with Heaton. Proven to be a more than competent keeper at this level and we should get at least a couple of seasons out of him for a relatively cheap price, which is important given the number of players we need to sign vs the amount we've already spent.

There's always a possibility we can go back in for Butland eventually anyway, be it January or next summer. As good as he is most Premier League sides are already sorted in the position, so outside of ourselves and probably Bournemouth I can't think of many sides that are going to be looking to sign a new first choice keeper.

I'm not overly excited by the Heaton signing as he never struck me has being that good. Maybe he is and I've not seen enough of his performances to truly judge him, I hope so. 

However, if buying him allows us to free up more funds for players in other positions - centre back and defensive midfield - then I'm all for it. 

Pretty sure I’m the only one on this forum who thinks that we are wasting money signing another keeper. I’d have gone with Steer with Nyland as backup. 

What’s happened with Kalinic btw? 

Edited by Tayls