Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The Mcginn deal included clauses for promotion and sell on percentage. Let's say he was sold for £30m and hibs get 20%, that's an extra 6m. Add the promotion clause (probably 1-2m) then we brought Mcginn for about £10m.

And? Where's the poin you're making? 😕

Okey I would be comfortable with buying Maupay for £ 3 million, a sell on percentage and a CL clause. Or £ 10 million. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He'll play either side, he's best on the left and can probably do a decent job moving infield behind the striker to cover Jack (particularly as Jack likes drifting wide anyway). 

Benrahma, El Ghazi, Jota and Green would have us pretty set out wide I feel. Would like one more (Bowen although probably greedy and unlikely to spend £30-40m on wingers) but with the lack of depth in the rest of the squad you would feel we would be set for wingers until January if we get those in.

Green is nowhere near good enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

to be fair, Benrahma is a serious talent, not like hes an average championship player.

I'm sure he is, never seen him play.

And I have much more faith in this set up finding and signing players with a purpose than the previous regime.

But as with any transfer u never know.

Sessegnon and Maddison both excelled in the Championship, one flopped and one had a great season in the PL. Sessegnon still very young of course.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Green is nowhere near good enough.

Don't disagree, that's why I'd like another, Bowen would be perfect. I just can't see us buying 4 wingers when we also have no 1st choice CBs, no fullbacks, no strikers and no depth at CM that are good enough either.

Would love it if we did. But Green as 4th choice, considering Kodjia, Grealish and Elmo could go wide too, I think would be understandable given the circumstances

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'm sure he is, never seen him play.

And I have much more faith in this set up finding and signing players with a purpose than the previous regime.

But as with any transfer u never know.

Sessegnon and Maddison both excelled in the Championship, one flopped and one had a great season in the PL. Sessegnon still very young of course.

yeah of course ur right, always a risk if its not a proven PL talent, but the premium for those is nuts :)

I honestly think he would adjust to the PL tho, he is silky as hell, the only issue i would see is DS would have to train "tracking back & pressing" in to his repertoire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Championship dream team 2.0

Hope it works this time.

There's so many junk "PL stalwarts" like your Nathan Redmonds et al. Good Championship players are too often underestimated. Chris Wood, Maddison were Championship players not long ago and most of Wolves etc

54 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I can see Bowen getting a lot of offers very soon. Cracking player and only 21/22? Feel sorry for Hull fans as this sort of thing keeps happening; clubs who can't hold to their best players just can't progress unless there's a serious stream of academy talent coming through. 

I think I've read that he's got a year left on his contract, I would like us to be the first cab off the rank here. £12-15m could well seal the deal and make his Villa supporting father a happy man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Don't disagree, that's why I'd like another, Bowen would be perfect. I just can't see us buying 4 wingers when we also have no 1st choice CBs, no fullbacks, no strikers and no depth at CM that are good enough either.

Would love it if we did. But Green as 4th choice, considering Kodjia, Grealish and Elmo could go wide too, I think would be understandable given the circumstances

just do the modern thing and stack the entire midfield and forward line with midfielders, attacking midfielders and false nines......then there is no striker, but they are all strikers 🤔

😜

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah of course ur right, always a risk if its not a proven PL talent, but the premium for those is nuts :)

I honestly think he would adjust to the PL tho, he is silky as hell, the only issue i would see is DS would have to train "tracking back & pressing" in to his repertoire.

Yeah the proven PL goes out the window directly for me. A non issue.

And if Bennybanana is available for £8.5m he may be a bargain.

I'm more vary about spending £15-20m on players like Maupay and such.

Better value and/or quality to be found on the continent,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'm more vary about spending £15-20m on players like Maupay and such.

Better value and/or quality to be found on the continent,

We need our signings to hit the ground running. Would "better value" signings from the continent be as likely to do so, as the likes of Maupay, Bowen and Reach?

I guess we will need to rely on the checks we do on any potential signings, maximising the chances of them settling in quickly.

Benrahma is a good player. On a level with El Ghazi maybe. But calm down over the price. 8-10m is not chicken feed. Twice that? Not for me. Bowen will probably be that much and I'd much rather get him. 

Both would ace. Plus Anwar.

58 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Brentford have a full shop window .... Maupay, Benrhami, Konsa .... that's approx 45 million.

It would be ludicrous to give Brentford £45m for those players. They may be decent players, but you don’t strip a team that finished outside top 10 in championship for 3 players. One at the most in my eyes.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

It would be ludicrous to give Brentford £45m for those players. They may be decent players, but you don’t strip a team that finished outside top 10 in championship for 3 players. One at the most in my eyes.

Well, I really like them after Dean Smith. They deserve the money more than any other team lol.

Anyway I see your point, I would definitely take Benrahma. Not sure about paying 20m for Maupay. Not sure about Konsa too.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Our coaching team really are top notch now and I'd back anyone with ability to do at least OK here. Don't think we'll have too many more bombs in the next few years.

Benrahma, who we've just bid £8.75m for was out on loan from Nice, who aren't a superpower. As soon as Smith gets hold of them and gets them into his system, players with ability thrive. Shout to their new coach as well who continued good work with him.

I like this fella. Floats inside to number 10 position a lot, be so great to finally have a threat on both wings.

Danger, click bait site, silly season time at the moment, no official offer has been made as yet for any of our players, but no doubt they will start coming in very soon, starting price will be £20 million each for Benrahma, Maupay & Konsa, because they are still on long contracts, we have a cheaper one for you in Ollie Watkins at £6 - £8 million if you want, our recruitment team are out and about buying our next batch of gems,  BFC sell at their prices and no longer get turned over, we have to, its our way of surviving, get your cheque book out Villa, and no, We don't want Hogan back in PX !!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1