Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Deano and Suso both know him. He can play in any of the 3 attacking midfield roles. He is not expensive. Sounds like a good option to me. We still need to sign AEG and another right winger but it seems like a smart bit of business.

• Like 1

I'm guessing he doesn't fit with their style of play and is on high (for them) wages.

We don't want Gardner.

Sometimes deals work for both parties.

We need squad players; we need wingers; we've a lot of players to bring in. We lose Albert and Gardner and bring in Jota, possibly for nothing. Our squad improves, for nothing, and our wage bill probably goes down. IF all of that is true, it's a good deal for me.

• Like 4

You could argue he's better than Lolley who almost everyone is craving for.

Edited by useless
Edit: Not saying that Joe Lolley is a bad player, I think he'd be a good squad member as well.
  • Like 2

Coming round to the idea, if it’s a swap for Gardner who is nowhere near good enough for the PL and Jota who might have a chance... then it’s an upgrade. Doesn’t mean he’s going to make it, or even be our first choice, but we’re swapping an average player for a slightly better one?

Here are his Brentford goals:

Jota for Gardner!?!?!? I’m mean, if the rumour is true and this is happening I might have to drive to B6 for a drink in the City centre for a laugh.

What next from Smith and his side kick the mystical Suso? Lansbury for Lolley?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

If the Jota story is true, then it disappoints me as i was rather hoping we would be in the market for better players than that !!!!

Still probably will, but we've also seen some players leaving and they need to be replaced. 

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

If the Jota story is true, then it disappoints me as i was rather hoping we would be in the market for better players than that !!!!

Don't worry mate, it's not even June 1st yet! 

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

blues want gardner anyway but under transfer embargo. we want something for GG but they cant pay, so we do a deal where we get a squad player and bin off one of our dead wood whilst parting with a relatively small fee. seems plausible to me. i refuse to believe he's deano's top RW target and is bringing him in for cover

• Like 2

Only the way the deal makes sense is they need to lose Jota’s wages for FFP/other signings. Overall I think it’s incredible business great squad option for us with basically just wages to cover. Knows and fits Deanos style and improves us in an area we are weak. 

• Like 1