Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

If we are planning on spending a 1/10th of a billion pounds on players I'd the lot into a cloning machine and make myself 8 more John McGinns to go alongside 1 Jack and 1 Tyrone Mings. 

Can you imagine the chaos - it'd be like suddenly having 20 players just on our side. 

Call me crazy but if we are to break into the upper echelons we need some out of the box thinking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We still have three keepers and:

Taylor, Chester, Elmo, Bree, Hourihane, Lansbury, Gardner (well), Grealish, McGin, Green, Kodjia, Davis and Hogan (which I hope we can get something for him).

I know most of them aren’t quality but there could be a good squad fillers out of them.

We can’t do everything at once. I won’t mind keeping Kodjia as a number 2 striker till January for example. As we still need to defender (I would be happy with Mings, House and a rcb). With a proper LB. thats 4 signings just for defence.

we still need a DM, RW, El Ghazi and a striker. Those are another 4. I wouldn’t say no to look at a bargain who could do some of what Grealish does.

Thats 9 players, 7 of them are potentially starters. I don’t think we can afford to spend too much for squad players. House and a similar signing for the midfield would do for now I guess.

Oh I agree, I think a lot of people will be disappointed that Kodjia and Taylor aren't being moved on for example, I'm in the camp that wants some continuity, we need to keep the team spirit from last season and carry it in to this one, that's part of why bringing back the loan guys permanently is so important, but we just have so many gaps to fill.

The point I was trying to make is that a number of those left over likely won't even make our bench, from your list: Gardner and Hogan I wouldn't expect to play for us again, Green, Davis and Bree will likely be loaned out as they simply aren't ready for Premier League football yet.

That leaves us with 3 keepers, Taylor, Chester, Elmo, Hourihane,  Lansbury,  Grealish,  McGinn, and Kodjia.

That's not even enough for a team let alone a bench, and one of those is Lansbury who can't stay fit.

We have a lot of gaps to fill and not all that much time to do it in.

I know it's twitter, sorry but this speculation so may as well put it here...

Noses on twitter reckon Jota in swap deal with Gardner. They ain't happy. If true not surprised Deano knows Jota well and with Adomah gone is a good squad option.

Often Partisan/Almajir who's pretty reliable on things involving small heath is saying that Jota is having a medical with us, and they're getting Gary Gardner in return. Sometimes he says things to wind up Villa fans, but as this involves them I think it's probably true.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Considering the amount of players that we need (loanees signed permanently, CM, ST, LB, RW and squad backups), I think being prudent could still result in roughly £100m spent.

Mings £15m, El Ghazi £5m & Hause £2.5m. That's £22.5m to not evenstand still (based on the assumption that we won't have Tammy or Tuanzebe back). Even if we bought a CM, ST, LB, RW and 4 squad players for £10m each, that still adds up to £100m..... and you often don't get much for £10m nowadays!

I think we’ll spend more than that, but are keeping quiet as we can to stop the feeding frenzy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Often Partisan/Almajir who's pretty reliable on things involving small heath is saying that Jota is having a medical with us, and they're getting Gary Gardner in return. Sometimes he says things to wind up Villa fans, but as this involves them I think it's probably true.

I hope it’s crossed wires and it’s this Jota... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnaNdaQiThTurbBGb1JK3

Can’t see Gardner fitting in at wolves though unless it’s actually as a gardener!

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I know it's twitter, sorry but this speculation so may as well put it here...

Noses on twitter reckon Jota in swap deal with Gardner. They ain't happy. If true not surprised Deano knows Jota well and with Adomah gone is a good squad option.

a verified Birmingham news page has posted this so it does have some credibility, thoughts? 

Totally agree with many of the comments here (and the thread title!) we need a load of quality signings and have to spend heavily...

We don’t have a PL first XI let alone a squad, glad to see we aren’t wasting time releasing players. Get the loanees in fast (Mings & El Ghazi especially).

I just hope we show some ambition and set our sights fairly high in terms of targets (as well as finding some gems).

Such an exciting time...

Not sure why Jota is being recieved so negatively - according to stats scored 1 in 3 games under Smith at Brentford. Goes to SHA and doesn't do so well - but look at the club in that period - no wonder. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great shout, I think he’s fantastic but he probably has higher aspirations than us i.e Barcelona 

I know it’s cliche, but if we could “sell the project” to him it might be possible...

The bigger issue may be the transfer fee.

I’m probably just dreaming though 😆

Absolutely loved his goal against Wolves, he’s so talented.

• Like 1