Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

In Wesley we trust it seems.

In Kodjia we have a wild card with international experience who may thrive given the opportunity.

In Davis we have a big guy who can hold up a ball... Sorry, we have two strikers at this club and Davis. I hope/wish I was wrong but Davis will make Heskey look prolific. He's a striker who doesn't score and has never suggested he can even at Championship level. He'll eventually leave Villa having scored fewer than ten goals in his whole career with us.

• Like 3

Another winger and forward would have been great, although I'm not massively convinced about Benrahma. I'm sure it wasn't for the lacking of trying, we just couldn't get them over the line. All in all, it looks to be a good window, but the acid test is to come.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

In Wesley we trust it seems.

In Kodjia we have a wild card with international experience who may thrive given the opportunity.

In Davis we have a big guy who can hold up a ball... Sorry, we have two strikers at this club and Davis. I hope/wish I was wrong but Davis will make Heskey look prolific. He's a striker who doesn't score and has never suggested he can even at Championship level. He'll eventually leave Villa having scored fewer than ten goals in his whole career with us.

I think you are being very hard on Davis - He is very young & had a couple of big injuries - give him a chance - he might surprise you.

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

IN: (12)

Jota (Birmingham)
Anwar El Ghazi (Lille)
Wesley (Club Brugge)
Kortney Hause (Wolves)
Matt Targett (Southampton)
Tyrone Mings (AFC Bournemouth)
Ezri Konsa (Brentford)
Bjorn Engels (Stade Reims)
Trezeguet (Kasimpasa)
Douglas Luiz (Man City)
Tom Heaton (Burnley)
Marvelous Nakamba (Club Brugge)

OUT: (17) (6 loans)

Albert Adomah (Released)
Birkir Bjarnason (Released)
Mark Bunn (Released)
Ritchie De Laet (Released)
Tommy Elphick (Huddersfield Town)
Gary Gardner (Birmingham)
Alan Hutton (Released)
Mile Jedinak (Released)
Ross McCormack (Released)
Micah Richards (Retired)
Glenn Whelan (Released)

Matija Sarkic (Livingston) Loan
Jake Doyle-Hayes (Cheltenham Town) Loan
Andre Green (Preston North End) Loan
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (Tranmere Rovers) Loan
Scott Hogan (Stoke City) Loan
James Bree (Luton Town) Loan

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c4da8f4432298345de

That’s a Marvelous window: 

Happy Celebration GIF by Aston Villa FC

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, let's hope 4 of Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Douglas, Marvelous, & Lansbury all don't get injured at the same time.  He's was our 7th string midfielder.  

Haha yeah good one, let’s hope Lansbury isn’t injured because he never is, Grealish isn’t injured because he’s never targeted by the opposition, let’s hope McGinn isn’t suspended because he’s never over keen, let’s hope Marvelous and Douglas are not as good as Jean II Makoun or Eric Djemba Djemba because we know about as much as them right now. We don’t need all of them out only 2 or 3 and it’s problematic. All I’m saying is it’s a risk when we didn’t really need to take.

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Haha yeah good one, let’s hope Lansbury isn’t injured because he never is, Grealish isn’t injured because he’s never targeted by the opposition, let’s hope McGinn isn’t suspended because he’s never over keen, let’s hope Marvelous and Douglas are not as good as Jean II Makoun or Eric Djemba Djemba because we know about as much as them right now. We don’t need all of them out only 2 or 3 and it’s problematic. All I’m saying is it’s a risk when we didn’t really need to take.

:lol: TBF, from the admittedly little I've seen of Nakamba we should run a sweep on which of him and SJM gets to the ban threshold first, how many bans they get and the individual number of reds and yellows they accrue across the season.

• Haha 1

Will this thread remain open with gleeful anticipation of continental departures for Tshibola and Nyland/Kalinic carrying us past 1000 pages?

Edited by Michelsen

16 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Will this thread remain open with gleeful anticipation of continental departures for Tshibola and Nyland/Kalinic carrying us past 1000 pages?

Maybe...

On the topic of sales,  if we don't need the money and we aren't getting good value in return then I don't see much benefit in selling the reserves.  Tish probably an exception... Get as many out on loan with recall options

Never know what disaster injuries might strike,  what reserve players may turn a corner and what a good season might do to the value of our fringe players.

That said,  if balancing the books is needed then get whatever we can and cut loose now.  Most have had their chance to prove themselves and unlikely they'll improve at this stage

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Here’s a list of current free agents ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

One or two names spring out .... could we not get a permit for Radoja? Rather Balotelli  than Sturridge ( not saying we should sign him btw at all but just my preference out of the two ) 

Interesting read. Didn't know Barry was now a free agent. And no, my mentioning his name is not a suggestion. :lol:

57 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith seem to prefer tall, strong centre forwards.

Abraham, Davis, Kodjia, Wesley. No room for Sturridge!

Yet at Brentford he had Hogan and Maupay. Wonder why he changed tack. 

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

IN: (12)

Jota (Birmingham)
Anwar El Ghazi (Lille)
Wesley (Club Brugge)
Kortney Hause (Wolves)
Matt Targett (Southampton)
Tyrone Mings (AFC Bournemouth)
Ezri Konsa (Brentford)
Bjorn Engels (Stade Reims)
Trezeguet (Kasimpasa)
Douglas Luiz (Man City)
Tom Heaton (Burnley)
Marvelous Nakamba (Club Brugge)

OUT: (17) (6 loans)

Albert Adomah (Released)
Birkir Bjarnason (Released)
Mark Bunn (Released)
Ritchie De Laet (Released)
Tommy Elphick (Huddersfield Town)
Gary Gardner (Birmingham)
Alan Hutton (Released)
Mile Jedinak (Released)
Ross McCormack (Released)
Micah Richards (Retired)
Glenn Whelan (Released)

Matija Sarkic (Livingston) Loan
Jake Doyle-Hayes (Cheltenham Town) Loan
Andre Green (Preston North End) Loan
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (Tranmere Rovers) Loan
Scott Hogan (Stoke City) Loan
James Bree (Luton Town) Loan

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c4da8f4432298345de

Firstly, Don't forget we lost Tammy and Axel..... Still a very good swap though.

Secondly, I like replying

to posts 

like this 

as

we

get

nearer 

to 

the 

page 

mark

p.s

before the lockdown :flag:

29 minutes ago, privateer said:

Interesting read. Didn't know Barry was now a free agent. And no, my mentioning his name is not a suggestion. :lol:

Should bring him back in some capacity in the future...