Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

If we're breaking the bank for this forward, does anyone think that it might be Belotti? Apparently West Ham were in for him earlier in the summer, but had a £50m+ bid rejected for him. That's probably too expensive for us in this window and with him being linked with the biggest clubs in the world over the last few seasons it seems unrealistic, but I could have swore that there were one or two whispers that we were in for him at the start of the window.

12 hours ago, thunderball said:

To reiterate an earlier poster Dan Bardell said this also on the Villa View podcast today. It does fit: Maupay wants to come and play under Smith as he could walk into an offer from Sheffield or Brighton which is likely Maupay's plan B. I think he is our back up option, I think we will offer for a very talented European forward, likely a right winger as it suits our system and we also stopped at £14m for Benrahma which suggests we have eyes for that position.

My money is on Florian Thauvin. 

You heard it here first.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Florian Thauvin

Agreed 👍🏼

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

If we're breaking the bank for this forward, does anyone think that it might be Belotti? Apparently West Ham were in for him earlier in the summer, but had a £50m+ bid rejected for him. That's probably too expensive for us in this window and with him being linked with the biggest clubs in the world over the last few seasons it seems unrealistic, but I could have swore that there were one or two whispers that we were in for him at the start of the window.

Interesting shout. Was linked to him very early in the window. Think he's a bit out of our reach though.

I'm fairly certain it's Leao though, wouldn't surprise me if we moved for Maupay in the next few days

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting shout. Was linked to him very early in the window. Think he's a bit out of our reach though.

I'm fairly certain it's Leao though, wouldn't surprise me if we moved for Maupay in the next few days

Didn't Milan announce him a few days ago?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Didn't Milan announce him a few days ago?

I don't think he's officially signed yet. Everyone is assuming that the info from Dan is a new transfer, but there's nothing to suggest that. The info he got could have been a week old for all we know.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think he's officially signed yet. Everyone is assuming that the info from Dan is a new transfer, but there's nothing to suggest that. The info he got could have been a week old for all we know.

He had his medical this morning and will sign thursday according to Official milan twitter..30m plus a player from lille...

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know what would be worse than Danny Graham? 15m to Partner him with Steven Fletcher.

These would be exactly the type of crappy signings we'd have had a few years ago and expect to stay up. A 3 goal a season striker. We used to sign any old shit. 

Edited by VillaJ100

Duvan Zapata? Bit older at 28 (so is Jota) but in 48 starts for Atalanta he’s scored 28 with 8 assists. 

Him and Wesley together would be frightening. Maybe get JPA to have a word.. 

1 hour ago, gaz90 said:

Yeah I remember this too, not long after the play-off final there were a few vague mentions floating around twitter although none of them were from any reliable sources.

I've seen a few people speculatively mention Icardi on comments on Dan Bardell's twitter where he mentions about us being after for a big striker target -  would be surprised if we managed to land him or Belotti but who knows