Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

And if they sell them all again this summer I’ll be proved wrong!

Neither do I really - I guess the £30m that’s been quoted although no reason to believe this is actually what they want.

Its nearer to 20m than 30m. Infact nearer to 20m than 25m.

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just think Brentford are a bit more ambitious than a lot of you give them credit for.

Sure, they have been selling huge amounts of players every year, but they are now at a place they have easily the most talented, competitive team in their history.

With 3 years left on his contract and with far fewer key players leaving this summer (as well as completely breaking their transfer policy by getting Jansson) I think they'll be gambling that they can get up this year and if not they can sell him next summer. They have good cash reserves and a pretty much paid for stadium on the way.

If we offer stupid money no doubt they would accept, but I can't see us doing it. I'm sure we're interested, but think we'll be happy to keep an eye on him then revisit in January or next summer if the deal looks more doable then.

I make you right,the values we have put on Maupay and Benrahma are set to keep rather than sell which  will be frustrating for the players as they would be desperate to join a PL side like Villa.Ive still got a horrible feeling Maupay will join you tomorrow for around the asking price.

34 minutes ago, Rodders said:

good things come to those who know how to wait. 

well, we know how to wait for medicals......we have had some bloody good training.

I have wanted Matty Phillips since the very first minute I saw him in a game. Now admittedly he hasn't really kicked on from there, but I do think he is undervalued. He's a very productive player, for a 4th choice winger with potential for more we can't go wrong. 

• Like 1

Don't think we're even interested in Maupay if we were he wouldn't have needed to go to France to think about his future he'd be eager to sign for us without giving a second thought, and he and his agent wouldn't have been in discussions with Sheffield United, if they knew we were interested. He'll end up somewhere like Palace or Brighton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have wanted Matty Phillips since the very first minute I saw him in a game. Now admittedly he hasn't really kicked on from there, but I do think he is undervalued. He's a very productive player, for a 4th choice winger with potential for more we can't go wrong. 

I liked him at QPR and was disappointed when Albion signed him......very forthright player.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I liked him at QPR and was disappointed when Albion signed him......very forthright player.

He can also cover centre mid and play up front in a pinch. He's a swiss army knife attacker with Premier League ability, they aren't all that common. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YLN said:

We'd have Nakamba, and jota and Santa Maria

And Hause and El Ghazi, and Tyrone Mings and Wesley

We are Aston villa. The pride of the west Midlands

Dean Smith's claret and blue army, let's all go bloody barmy

Etc

It's sleep now in the fire.

I'm on nights. Leave me alone

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He can also cover centre mid and play up front in a pinch. He's a swiss army knife attacker with Premier League ability, they aren't all that common. 

His injury record isn’t great though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

#freebenitez 

I think this is too much of a risk for our first PL season. We don't have a great record with foreign keepers recently. Gollini was a disaster and an English keeper steadied the ship. We brought nyland & Kallinic. More disaster and an English keeper provided a safe pair of hands. It is important for the GK to settle quickly and communicate with the defence. A British based goalie might be a safer bet.