Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

The secret is in the blending and coaching.

Sam allardyce's comments on Talk Sport.....for me lacked an understanding of our situation and a specific address to Aston Villa's current needs. Sam talks about signing players c 30 mill, but would they necessarily be better, just because we pay more?Also even if they were, would that calibre of player come to us right now, next season maybe, but right now they would be dubious.

Everyone right now, will have varying opinions on our summer buys.....but the essence lies in the blending.....Only Dean knows what he has got right now....We just have to wait and see.

It is, but it is also buying the right players. All of these fit a particular model. With the oldest is Jota at 28 years old, it is clear the policy we are going for and trying to produce. This is the long game. The reason I put the figures in and the comparison was to show how much we have moved on in just 3 years, where we have spent twice as much as what the club was worth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

must admit I can't quite dismiss that thought. - and that is what the owners said they would do - buy them low and sell at peak value (ok they actually said add value)  - anything less than £50m I would be seriously racked off though.

Along with Jack, he was the main cornerstone of the team.  We are only going to have between 3-5 starters from last season which is going to be hard enough to gel quickly - there is zero chance we'd let McGinn go for any money this window.  He will be an integral part of this season - I have absolutely no doubt.

• Like 1

So great to have a squad full of genuine quality, everyone’s going to have to up their game and be on top form in order to get into the side. No passengers or automatic picks...

Plus, we will have options for different games and tactics.

Looking forward to the Leipzig game, that Villa side will probably be the closest to our first XI ahead of the Spurs game and give us the best impression of our capabilities against a strong side.

Purslow wasn’t messing about when he said we have absolutely no interest in flirting with relegation! 

What an exciting time to be a Villa fan!

UTV

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Strikers here boys 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adebayo_Akinfenwa#

Saheed Adebayo Akinfenwa (born 10 May 1982) is an English professional footballerwho plays as a striker for Aston Villa.pp He is known for his physical strength and heavy build which he used to strongarm and intimidate Dean Smith and Christian Purslow into signing him upon hearing Aston Villa were in the market for a striker. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How would your rate this squad to the one we got relegated with?

Better? Worse?

Its not even close

The squad that got relegated is IMO the worst squad in the history of the premier league

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Better? Worse?

In our last PL game we fielded this team:

Bunn

Lyden    Bacuna   Lescott   Toner  Cissokho 

Westwood   Sanchez   Gueye

Ayew           Sinclair

We are likely to field the below in our first game back in the PL:

Steer

Guilbert    Engels    Mings    Targett

Luiz

McGinn       Grealish

Jota           Wesley            El Ghazi

Not even a question if we have improved.

Bunn

hahahaha...that's absolutely hilarious. It's surely nearly impossible to be as mismanaged as we were.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Better? Worse?

I don't think there is a chance of us winning only 3 games......so you have your answer.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Legal case implies rejection. I dunno but work in IT supporting immigration services in NZ. No need for legal case unless disputing rejection that I can see

I'm not talking about you specifically but, I don't know why some people are focusing on the legal challenge part of this tweet, when the second half says that a a work permit looks likely?! 

I just think we are asking for trouble if we don't sign another striker / inside forward. I can't see Brentford letting both Benrahma and Maupay leave, so we have to be in for one of those. The £31m Leao links are just too much, despite the levels of fapping that it would generate.

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Bunn

Ayew           Sinclair

Steer

Luiz

McGinn       Grealish

I would take Sanchez and Gueye

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Bunn

Ayew           Sinclair

Steer

Luiz

McGinn       Grealish

That first team would struggle to stay in the championship