Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know but we need more than chip in. Jack and McGinn scored 6 each and Anwar 4, if I’m correct, last season in a poorer league.  Let’s say Wes scores 12-15 goals in his first season, which would be incredible, we need some of the guys you mention scoring closer to 10 goals each otherwise we won’t have enough goals to keep us up.

Agree but Brighton only scored 35 goals last season and stayed up. I reckon a total return of around 40-45 goals would be good.

Just now, Dave-R said:

theres no team in the championship id rather pick apart for there stars than Brentford.

Why? I’ll admit I’ve only ever seen them play against us, and yes they did well then. But they must’ve struggled against other teams, let’s not forget they didn’t make the top ten. One or two players from them, yes will help, as smith knows them. But I don’t see the fascination in picking apart their team it can’t be that good. 

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I fully expect us to line up like this next season:

---------------------------Wesley--------------------------
Benrahma----------Grealish----------Trezeguet
------------------Mcginn-------Luiz----------------------
Targett---------Mings---Konsa----------Guilbert
--------------------------Butland---------------------------

What about El Ghazi?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why? I’ll admit I’ve only ever seen them play against us, and yes they did well then. But they must’ve struggled against other teams, let’s not forget they didn’t make the top ten. One or two players from them, yes will help, as smith knows them. But I don’t see the fascination in picking apart their team it can’t be that good. 

Imagine if Smith had of stayed with them, I can easily, Smith was tipped to take brentford for a promotion fight, it wouldn't of surprised me in the slightest if he'd of succeeded with Brentford as he did for us last season. Brentford do have some quality players and I think what did derail there top ten finish or a play off place was the fact Smith had left them for us.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if we signed Luiz, Trez and Benrahma I still think we could potentially need a keeper and another striker.

Crazy how much work has been needed to the squad. 

Agreed we do need a striker (hurry Dean announce Maupay) as I feel uncomfortable with having kodjia or Hogan as our no2 or no3.

I feel like we need a keeper, kalanic hasn't worked and Nyland while I think he could be good, not sure it should be chanced, so we're left with steer who I think is very capable of the task.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Wolves signed 15 players in the summer window last season. So it can work out

I don’t think it was that many and quite a few were loans made permanent.

I think Watford the year they got promoted is a better example of it working out. They had 21 new signings and practically a new first 11. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm getting worried about the amount of players coming in tbh.  I can see it not working well until November.. 

We need to get the new guys and the old on a **** raft as soon as we have finished our business.  

#teambuilding 

They're all good footballers, and Dean Smith's system isn't difficult to play.

We won't have a single journeyman on the pitch which will make a huge difference.

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you expand?

Nope. Because I already know what you'll tell me. 
I picked my best team based on us signing Benrahma and it doesn't include El Ghazi. 

More than happy to see El Ghazi in the team though because if he is, it will mean he is having a fantastic season. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nope. Because I already know what you'll tell me. 
I picked my best team based on us signing Benrahma and it doesn't include El Ghazi. 

More than happy to see El Ghazi in the team though because if he is, it will mean he is having a fantastic season. 

Couldn't agree more with this. For me, there is no doubt that Benrahma is a far more developed/talented player than El Ghazi. El Ghazi will be a great rotation option. 

Based on this Delphino have you heard that we are close to Benrahma? He's the one I've really wanted all along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

Couldn't agree more with this. For me, there is no doubt that Benrahma is a far more developed/talented player than El Ghazi. El Ghazi will be a great rotation option. 

Based on this Delphino have you heard that we are close to Benrahma? He's the one I've really wanted all along.

Why are you asking him questions as if he knows something?

• Haha 1

So far 9 new players (I think) have come in this summer, with Luiz and Trezeguet expected to join them. Then if you (hopefully) add on Benrahma, Maupay and Butland that would take our total IN's to 14.

However, 3 of the 14 are players that were here last season. You could also argue that we can start the season with 6 players in the first 11 that finished last season. I've highlighted below the positions that I think we have to use new signings to fill against Spurs...

Steer, LB, Elmohamady, Mings, CB, DM, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazy, RW, ST.

Throwing in 5 players is tricky, but it's certainly not going to be a disaster when the players we could be able to bring in are Targett, Engels, Luiz, Benrahma, and Wesley.

We would then have a squad also containing Butland, Konsa, Hause, Guibert, Jota, Trezeguet and Maupay to bring in gradually.

I don't see that as too drastic to be honest. If anything I would still say that we could do with another DM to bolster the squad.

IN

Luiz, Trezeguet, Benrahma, Maupay, Butland, 1 x DM

OUT

Kalinic, Bree (loan), Green (loan), Hogan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

No, no. The only thing I was ever told was we were close to signing 2 players a couple of weeks back (one of which would be on a Wednesday). I've not heard anything since specifically on Benrahma, nor any other player. 
If you look at the stats (I know, I know) from last season, Benrahma outscores El Ghazi in nearly everything. Not to say El Ghazi is a bad player, just that there are better options out there.

Benrahma is one of the players, along with Phillips, I've wanted the entire window.