Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just what do managers think they are doing when they sign players like that. 

A striker is there to score goals. 

Agree there are other things they need to do also but they have to score SOME goals.  Yet there are strikers who don't score and still seem to attract someone to pay money for them.  Its quite bizarre. 

Sometimes it works out though. Players can flourish under different managers.

When Bournemouth signed King from Blackburn he had 5 goals in 64 games for a Championship team. And King turned out ok.

Edited by villalad21

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

A player who can play with or instead of Wesley. Ideally a player like Leao who can as a striker or winger. Options.

Definitely not somebody whose career has stalled and may never be fully fit again.

We have genuine money and ambition now. We're not the soft touch dickheads of yore  

I'm not sure wesley has come here to play 2nd fiddle ? So I'm not sure someone touted as 25 to 35 million will either.

Deanos system has been although theres nothing to say it wont change, 1 up front.

That's why I'm not expecting anyone higher profile upfront.

Maybe I'm managing my own expectations too much ?

Mousset migth have played in sixty games for Bournemouth but that stat is slightly misleading by itself, when you add it up in terms of minutes on the pitch it's more like twelve games worth of football that he's played in. So three goals gives him an average of a goal every four games, and when you consider that will be from getting minutes here and there and not being able to get in to any kind of rhythm because of being in and out of the team, then suddenly it doesn't look so bad.

43 minutes ago, villadodo said:

I know we all love Mings but Bournemouth must be absolutely delighted. They have brought in £30m for two surplus players! 

On the flip side they paid over £30m for Solanke and Ibe, so, swings and roundabouts! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I'm not sure wesley has come here to play 2nd fiddle ? So I'm not sure someone touted as 25 to 35 million will either.

Deanos system has been although theres nothing to say it wont change, 1 up front.

Thing is as he has mentioned, Leao can play as a wide forward/winger as well.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Mousset migth have played in sixty games for Bournemouth but that stat is slightly misleading by itself, when you add it up in terms of minutes on the pitch it's more like twelve games worth of football that he's played in. So three goals gives him an average of a goal every four games, and when you consider that will be from getting minutes here and there and not being able to get in to any kind of rhythm because of being in and out of the team, then suddenly it doesn't look so bad.

That’s fine and goes a fair way in defending his scoring stats, but ultimately it’s still £10m for a player who’s played the equivalent of 12 games in 3 years.

It further helps quantify our own recruitment.

• Like 1

This is Leao's Transfermarkt page for his career stats, he's only ever played twice on the wing for Sporting Lisbon's youth side. Not sure why people seem to think that he's a winger, or can play on the wing, Wesley is just as much of a winger as Leao is, in fact looking at videos of the two, Wesley comes wide for the ball more than Leao does.

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sometimes it works out though. Players can flourish under different managers.

When Bournemouth signed King from Blackburn he had 5 goals in 64 games for a Championship team. And King turned out ok.

raspberry tongue out GIF

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Leao has never played a senior game of football as a winger, and only played there twice for Sporting Lisbon youth. Not that I'd say no to us signing him though.

He absolutely has played as a winger and second striker. Hence the comparisons with Ronaldo and Mbappe. I'm aware he's primarily a striker. Thats why I suggested him as somebody could play with Wesley or instead. The point being a player who is a strijer who can play wide or deep rather than a winger who fills in as a striker.

But doesn't have to be him, just somebody like him.

40 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Nobody will be guaranteed a place. Genuine competition is the key and if you earn it, you will start. Wesley should have to earn it it and compete like everybody else. The price tag is irrelevant in this context.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Three things I’m absolutely sick of this window;

1. Darren Bent offering his opinions on all things Villa. Just shut up Darren we don’t care what you think. Same applies to you Noel Whelan

2. Any reference to Fulham in comparison to Villa

3. Alan Nixon and his absolute BS about Villa, honestly a stopped clock is right more often than that guy, it’s absolute tripe that he puts out

I’m sick of fans believing bs clickbait and wanting us to sign the likes of Sturridge, Austin and Wellbeck because we need some experience. 

waking up no GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Don’t think Kodjia is willing to leave. I think he wants to stay atleast until January. To try playing in PL. Even if he was a squad player.

I think he deserves the chance, I think he could surprise s few, he shakes it up. Not going to be starter unless Wesley gets injured. 

• Like 2