Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I don't think that we can make a sensible comparison with any other promoted team in the Premier League.

Our circumstances are unique. 

We are a huge club that through poor ownership and rank bad management over a number of years, were reduced to playing in the Championship wilderness.

Now we're back without constraints.

Purslow pointed out the current magnetic attraction of Aston Villa and the difference between us and other newly promoted clubs when he said about our recruitment "no one that we have asked to join us has said no!"

We now have fantastic owners who have a viable plan to rejoin the behemoths of European football and the available wealth to make it happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sheffield United signed Mousset from Bournemouth. Wonder if this means they are no longer in for Maupay?

A striker who doesn't score

Sheff Utd should have just got Hogan instead!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sheffield United signed Mousset from Bournemouth. Wonder if this means they are no longer in for Maupay?

I wouldn't think they could afford both Mousset and Maupay.

I don't think Maupay has many options because of the fact that Brentford have overpriced him, but he's definitely unsettled.

Brighton and ourselves are the the only other 'rumoured' links that I've seen.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

A striker who doesn't score

Sheff Utd should have just got Hogan instead!

10 million for a striker with 3 goals in near 60 Premier League games. bloody hell it has gone mad

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

10 million for a striker with 3 goals in near 60 Premier League games. bloody hell it has gone mad

I know we all love Mings but Bournemouth must be absolutely delighted. They have brought in £30m for two surplus players! Meanwhile we had to pay McCormack to get him to leave and we will be lucky if we £2m back for Hogan!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Catch players on the way up not down. Sturridge, Welbeck and Austin are all big no’s from me.

So who would you suggest we sign for s 2nd / 3rd choice forward for when wesley is injured tired rested or suspended ? 

Do you think we will sign a 20 plus million forward and would you be disappointed if we didn't and as smith has already said, his squad will have players stars and superstars as you need that for success ?

Age for the type of forward we need isnt that important for this season as I would expect us to push on signings wise next year if we stay up. Wages and attitude is however important 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

So who would you suggest we sign for s 2nd / 3rd choice forward for when wesley is injured tired rested or suspended ? 

Do you think we will sign a 20 plus million forward and would you be disappointed if we didn't and as smith has already said, his squad will have players stars and superstars as you need that for success ?

Age for the type of forward we need isnt that important for this season as I would expect us to push on signings wise next year if we stay up. Wages and attitude is however important 

I don't think there is a easy answer - do we go with Wesley alone, who whilst looks a good player might not be prolific in front of goal.

But say we buy Maupay ...will he play alongside Wesley ? Or step in if Wesley doesn't get the goals ? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That bird with the funny accent who covers middle east for BBC?

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think if we get maupay we are looking good up top. Offer them kodjia  and 10m think be enough.

Don't think they would take Hogan sadly

Don’t think Kodjia is willing to leave. I think he wants to stay atleast until January. To try playing in PL. Even if he was a squad player.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just what do managers think they are doing when they sign players like that. 

A striker is there to score goals. 

Agree there are other things they need to do also but they have to score SOME goals.  Yet there are strikers who don't score and still seem to attract someone to pay money for them.  Its quite bizarre. 

21 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

A player who can play with or instead of Wesley. Ideally a player like Leao who can as a striker or winger. Options.

Definitely not somebody whose career has stalled and may never be fully fit again.

We have genuine money and ambition now. We're not the soft touch dickheads of yore  

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think there is a easy answer - do we go with Wesley alone, who whilst looks a good player might not be prolific in front of goal.

But say we buy Maupay ...will he play alongside Wesley ? Or step in if Wesley doesn't get the goals ? 

Yep I think maupay may actually be the only one who hasn't reached Billy big balls status who may be happy to be 2nd fiddle from the off. We need to stay up and then maybe next year look to replace kodja with another highly rated younger player once the new guys have had a year.

3 main forwards is what we need in my view and a couple midfielders who can if in an emergency play part of a game as the main focus.

Only my views obvs but cant see us signing any more expensive younger forwards this year bar maupay and that's due to being in england 2 years working with deano and being 15 mill and not massive wages

29 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Glad I don’t see life through your lense. 

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Likewise having read a lot of your posts.

Strange, I would have thought your shared fondness of white upper case “T”s on a green background would have been enough common ground.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1