Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Lille have 3 offers on the table submitted for Leao. We are definately one of the 3.      🤞

The only reports I can find suggest Everton, Valencia and Napoli. Where has it come from that we have definitely bid?

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You’d spend £30m on a striker who has never even played in the Premier League?

Aguero hadn’t played in the Premier league before Man City signed him so I don’t understand your point.

My comment was slightly tongue-in-cheek as it was really anti Sturridge as opposed to pro Maupay.

Sturridge is a man made of glass, with nothing to prove and will be significantly overpaid. He is the exact opposite of our clearly stated transfer policy and that’s without even trying to imagine (chortle) him working his backside off trying to press defenders.

According to whoscored.com, since 2014/2015 he has scored the grand total of 24 goals for Liverpool and West Brom. I’d therefore contest that he doesn’t even particularly know where the goal is.

Realistically, Maupay would be £20m and I’d have him in a heartbeat as he’s bound to work hard and score goals given the opportunity. It’s open to question how many he will score but it’s guaranteed to be a damn  lot more than Daniel “where’s my dog?” Sturridge. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

If I was a betting man I’d reckon Sturridge will end up at Newcastle playing for Bruce.

Andy Carroll is apparently also on the way, what a potent treatment bench they would have! 😊

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You are missing the point of the comparison. 

If a relegation fodder team can win the premier league, then why can’t villa finish in a decent position, for all intents and purposes Leicester won the league because of team work and high morale, something I see in abundance at Villa in the last 6 months.

So to re-iterate... not saying we will do Leicester and win the league, just that with team work and morale on your side a high position is certainly attainable. 

A team who played more than one season together, they wernt just all purchased in 1 window and worked hard and won the league. They played as a team for a good year or 2 together or the majority of them did. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You are missing the point of the comparison. 

If a relegation fodder team can win the premier league, then why can’t villa finish in a decent position, for all intents and purposes Leicester won the league because of team work and high morale, something I see in abundance at Villa in the last 6 months.

So to re-iterate... not saying we will do Leicester and win the league, just that with team work and morale on your side a high position is certainly attainable. 

I'm not sure it was just team work and morale. Part of it was they were able to sign top class players before the rest of the world realised. Mahrez, Vardy and Kante were amazing that season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure it was just team work and morale. Part of it was they were able to sign top class players before the rest of the world realised. Mahrez, Vardy and Kante were amazing that season.

Teamwork and morale are the foundations of any team's success. Without that as a starting point, only the Man Cities of this world could afford to build a team capable of competing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

Teamwork and morale are the foundations of any team's success. Without that as a starting point, only the Man Cities of this world could afford to build a team capable of competing.

Agree. But just having those things without talented players won't get you too far. 

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Basically if you see:

The sun, the mirror, the daily star, or similar,.

it's basically more likely than not total crap, unless it's also reported by at least one reputable source, then there may be some truth to it.

Cool. I get the click bait stuff. Nebulous unverifiable comments like ‘we’re considering a bid for’ or ‘villa are turning to so and so’, but reporting an actual event that didn’t happen like a meeting, could they not get done by the pcc for that? That’s demonstrably false.

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

It's the mirror mate, they have about as much credibility as my grandma reporting ITK transfers......

I always thought the mirror was ok, my one only ever says the same thing as me though, so no exclusives as such.