Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder if we use Hogan in any potential bid for Maupay? 

I don’t think Brentford would want him, I can’t see many teams wanting Hogan tbh and certainly not for a decent price. He hasn’t shown any value. I think our best, and probably only, option would be a loan move (hopefully with an option, or even better an obligation,  to buy). Bristol City perhaps?

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We're doing this in the right order: buy first, sell second. I expect a totally quiet deadline day this year, and glad of it. 

Or teams raiding us for our 'listed', unless they have not all gone by that stage.

2 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

<x> = Benrahma hopefully 🤞... or is that being greedy

Haven’t seen much of Benrahma tbh but many posters seem to rate/like him here so I would like to see us go for him, possibly a late/deadline day bid?

He’s still working his way back to fitness after an ankle injury, hopefully he’ll be back to his best and it won’t have affected him, maybe we’re going to monitor him during preseason if gets a game or two for Brentford.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think Brentford would want him, I can’t see many teams wanting Hogan tbh and certainly not for a decent price. He hasn’t shown any value. I think our best, and probably only, option would be a loan move (hopefully with an option, or even better an obligation,  to buy). Bristol City perhaps?

Yep.

If we can get anywhere near £4m tops for him we should snap those offering hands off.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep.

If we can get anywhere near £4m tops for him we should snap those offering hands off.

Ouch, what a loss. How much did we pay for him, 12m?

He seemed to be so highly rated before we signed him, West Ham showed strong interest before we got him and the signing was seen as somewhat of a coup for us.

Tells you everything when Brentford fans (posting here) would not have him back, I wonder what they thought of him when he was playing for them and was banging in the goals though? Could they be persuaded?

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep.

Maybe Bilic (WBA) could be persuaded to take him? He was after him during his time at West Ham...

We’ve managed to get most of the shite out of our squad, would be great if we could complete the job in that regard.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Just a keeper a forward and a right sided midfielder to go I think.

Would maybe look at butland again for the long term, benramha for midfield and a finisher.

That's a further 50 million 🙈

We are doing now what we were expecting when randy bought the club.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It depends how much more, as you need to count his wages into the equation. 

If he comes in and helps keep us up then it’s worth it, regardless of if we make a profit if City buy him back.

• Like 1

The thing that impresses me most apart from all the signings are cool on the ball.....is that they are all in the 20-25 bracket.....All similar ages to blend.

I think this adds to the team spirit and camaraderie......and how powerful is that?

I know that a few old heads are said to be prudent.......but this youthful exuberance and togetherness fills me with excitement and confidence.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We're doing this in the right order: buy first, sell second. I expect a totally quiet deadline day this year, and glad of it. 

I imagine we’ll keep the two loan spaces free and see if there’s any deals to be done on deadline day (with a view to permanent moves).

Seems like we're going for two players in every position that will compete for a start in the 1st 11. 

Defence looks done and dusted by all reports. 

Depending on how much we'll try to integrating our youth players. I'd guess we're looking at a GK,  another winger/wide forward and two CMs(or 1 if the City one comes off)

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Rotational player I imagine.  Looking at what we're doing, I think there's one more wide player to come in.  Ideally giving us (I suppose), El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Jota and <x> as our options.  Would expect Green to be loaned again, unless we don't manage to bring in <x>.

Yeah, I think we'll sign a quality wide player for big money at some point. It seems to be the only position so far we haven't bought a first teamer for. Maybe we'll go full on meltdown mode and go for Bergwijn or Lozano from PSV!