Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But are we saying this just because it's "Jack".

As to be honest I know which one is more captain material.

Fair play though.

I think it helped focus Jack last year to be honest. He was even more fantastic with it than without it. I certainly wouldn't be removing it unless there was a good reason.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farlz said:

expected in the next 24hrs?

If we crowd funded a choppa to fly him to Villa Park, do you think we could get him signed tonight?

arnold schwarzenegger GIF

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

The fee for Mings appears high but he is a known quantity to us and hence a much lower risk.We need a partner for him and maybe this is where we need to be more economical.Talk of Webster for 25 million seems too high for us.He has had 1 season in the championship against championship strikers.

I thought Dawson for 5 million was a perfect fit for us but he has gone to Watford.

The cntreback position could be filled by someone experienced  and even 30+

6 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

A prick, maybe. But clueless? Not so sure. He was the first to receive this news. And fwiw, I cannot stand the Birmingham Mail and their clickbait.

I’ll stand by my statement, clueless.

Granted he got this out a couple of mins before others but that just means he got a tip. In terms of his views on the game, his defence of Bruce and the stuff he has published over his tenure I’m holding firm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Granted he got this out a couple of mins before others but that just means he got a tip. In terms of his views on the game, his defence of Bruce and the stuff he has published over his tenure I’m holding firm.

Correct. This is the first time he's ever called anything. And he "broke" it minutes before the usual places.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't doubt any of that. In fact, I agree. All I said was that he has some sources as he got this out there before anyone else.

seriously though, what are we going to whine about once Mings signs?

We need to pre-plan gents, we need a seamless transition to our next "ZOMG THE WORLD IS CAVING IN IF WE DONT GET XXXX player", any gaps will be proof that our standards are slipping.

Answers on a postcard.

:)

From the Bournemouth end it seems the fee is £26.5m, and from the Villa end it’s £20m. I think Villa are trying to save face a little because we’ve been well and truly mugged off it we’re paying £26.5m. 

I love Mings, but this signing could have happened anytime at Villa in the past 12 years (overpaying for English talent without finding gems abroad for a fraction of the price), have we learnt nothing?

At this point I’m not really sure what the point of Suso is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's just his injury record that worries me.

Could turn out to be a stalwart for years to come or another Micah Richards.

i like your positivity.

sad charlie brown GIF by Peanuts

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As to be expected from a bitter baggie

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thejoker said:

From the Bournemouth end it seems the fee is £26.5m, and from the Villa end it’s £20m. I think Villa are trying to save face a little because we’ve been well and truly mugged off it we’re paying £26.5m. 

I love Mings, but this signing could have happened anytime at Villa in the past 12 years (overpaying for English talent without finding gems abroad for a fraction of the price), have we learnt nothing?

At this point I’m not really sure what the point of Suso is.

I would guess it's 20m up front rising to 26.5 with add ons.

We are probably claiming the 20m to make it seem more reasonable and they are probably claiming 26.5 as potential fee to show how good they are at getting a good fee.

To be fair if we stay up 26.5 is fine.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

seriously though, what are we going to whine about once Mings signs?

We need to pre-plan gents, we need a seamless transition to our next "ZOMG THE WORLD IS CAVING IN IF WE DONT GET XXXX player", any gaps will be proof that our standards are slipping.

Answers on a postcard.

:)

Someone mentioned Andre Green and Bjarnsson could be regular premier league starters on another thread I've just read.:lol:

• Like 1

We might have now given Bournemouth the money for Butland.

How pissed off would they be if they now confidently bid 20 - 25 mill for him, and we match the bid and sign him too anyway. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

The £26m fee has come from some Sky journalist, bournemouth fans are probably talking about that sum, because it's the one that they want to believe. Better by far to wait and see what a more reliable source says once the deal has been concluded; wouldn't surprise me if the initial fee is actually below £20m and will reach that figure when certain clauses are met.