Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

So who are the 2 players only worth £10m and can we buy them instead?

They've signed Micah Richards and Ross McCormack. £20m bid is in apparently, with initial 1 season loan.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

They've signed Micah Richards and Ross McCormack. £20m bid is in apparently, with initial 1 season loan.

AAAaaaaaaaaAaaAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaaAaaAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

*breathe*

AAAaaaaaaaaAaaAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaaAaaAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*breathe*

AAAaaaaaaaaAaaAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaaAaaAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Spoony said:

All started from an utterly bullshit tweet from a guy sarcastically being ITK (see my rant about this above). It’s nonsense. 

Hasn't a relatively accurate journo called Graeme Bailey stated we might have some deal with Brentford going on? 

28 minutes ago, villarocker said:

You would expect that Deano and his team would want their first choice 18 players with them for the friendlies and summer camp in the US. The Minnesota game is on the 17th of July so you would think he would want his core players signed with enough time to book their flights to the states. Gotta be happening within the next week, surely?

Tbh, I'm going to be very disappointed if they are not all done tomorrow. I'm off to Greece for a couple of weeks of sketchy WiFi so wading through 40 pages of fish puns is really going to rustle my jimmies. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Hasn't a relatively accurate journo called Graeme Bailey stated we might have some deal with Brentford going on? 

There is no trace of any tweet re this on Baileys Twitter account that I could find

Capture0704.JPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I reckon the Baptiste Santamaria "chase" rivals even the great Berson adventure of 2004. We were first linked in December!

Yes, i  also suggested him via an agent i know helping West Ham last December too. Guess who else apparently  wants Santamaria too apart from Villa.

He's a good player!

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

No way thats true tbh

It's a lad i once know called Adz winding people up and posting crap on twitter! he used be on Villa forum on facebook i run!

66276972_2478740892156634_28990503715801

Edited by Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

There is no trace of any tweet re this on Baileys Twitter account that I could find

Check about 3 pages back on this thread. He doesn't say there is a double deal but suggests villa are about to buy someone from Brentford. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Another quiet night to do with Villa transfer news then. Wouldn't say I'm worried at the moment but is it really likely that we're going to sign the 7+ players or so we need?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Because he's constantly injured. He can never stay fit for a sustained run of games. It's not that he's down the pecking order. In fact, he's their first choice holding midfielder when fit. Holding midfield was their biggest weakness this season because all the players they had there either were injured (Winks, Wanyama) or not good enough (Dier)...which is why they've splashed the cash on N'Dombele.

He just can't move as well anymore. If you watched the CL semifinal vs Ajax, he was just shot and was substituted relatively early. On his day he's an excellent player though, but I'm fairly certain that day has passed.

I'll take your word for it, and I probably shouldn't have posted considering how much I know about him.

I remember him being highly rated but I've never really watched him play. I would of thought Sissoko was ahead of him to play, even in the holding role. Shows what I know!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Tbh, I'm going to be very disappointed if they are not all done tomorrow. I'm off to Greece for a couple of weeks of sketchy WiFi so wading through 40 pages of fish puns is really going to rustle my jimmies. 

I'm not sure wading through any pages of speculation or fish puns would be on my agenda if I were in Greece this time of year. Maybe wading through the waters of a beach!

I have a friend who spends 6 months running a bar in Corfu, I'm guessing your itinerary is mapped out, but if you're Corfu way and need anything then shoot me a pm.

• Like 1

Our problem is, that we had a squad good enough to win the playoffs, but unfortunately a lot of the key players were on loan. So instead of having a core of players in place and adding to it, we have to try to get the original core back together and then add to that. We’ve managed to get a couple, but the rest may or may not happen. The most likely and probably the most important is Mings. He’s not just a good player, he also brings a lot of leadership and spirit to the team. He’s the go to player when the chips are down. He’s not irreplaceable, but getting him would make the overall task that much easier. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

No. VillaReport is genuinely an excellent twitter profile! They just retweet Villa based news, they don’t comment on its truth or not, the don’t make anything up, the don’t claim to be ITK, they don’t offer tips or betting or anything. They filter through and pick out Villa related items. 

Honestly do not get why people don’t understand this, and for some reason it makes me really annoyed! 

Happy to have got you so many likes, but this was the joke. I will think again before trying to faux-troll people. 😓😓

18/19

----------------------------------------Steer--------------------------------------

Elmohamady---------Mings---------Tuanzabe-----------Taylor

-------------------------------------Hourihane--------------------------------

-------------------------McGinn----------Grealish-------------------------

Adomah-----------------------------------------------------------El Ghazi

----------------------------------Abraham-------------------------------------

Versus.

19/20

----------------------------------------Steer--------------------------------------

Guilbert-------------Chester-----------Hause-----------------Targett

------------------------------------Hourihane--------------------------------

-------------------------McGinn----------Grealish-------------------------

Jota-------------------------------------------------------------------El Ghazi

-----------------------------------Wesley-----------------------------------------

Five weeks to go - I don't think we're stronger than the team that finished 5th in the Championship yet.

Much to do.

• Like 4