Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So, just to recap:

- Rushian Hepburn Murphy is better than Kodjia, should be our back-up striker in the Prem and is likely to have a better career than any of our other strikers

- Jonvo Shelvey is one of the best players (in the world?) in his position

Mondays.

No no not in the world:) When hes on his day in PL he shows ability in highest class in this league.

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So, just to recap:

- Rushian Hepburn Murphy is better than Kodjia, should be our back-up striker in the Prem and is likely to have a better career than any of our other strikers

- Jonvo Shelvey is one of the best players (in the world?) in his position

Mondays.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Can you imagine if one of Sir Gary Cahill and Delphinho123 were a woman and together they had a child. That kid would be the most optimistic person that ever lived! 

Joking apart guys, and please don't take offence at my above statement, I actually mean it sincerely as you guys are really optimistic, which is better than always seeing things in a negative light! 

Right, so on Wednesday we're signing Austin and offering RHM a new £100k per week, 5 year deal, right? ;) :flag:

• Haha 1

Everything good about RHM is based on his form for the U 23's, where he did look exceptional.

He has not, however, reached anything like that standard in big boy's football.

From what I have read O'Hare had a successful loan spell, and has probably now surpassed RHM as the one from the present young crop likely to succeed.

3 minutes ago, John said:

There is a fifth dimesion, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimesion as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is in the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Summer Transfer Window 2019 Zone. :)

..and there's no-where else we'd rather be, when trying to avoid doing real work! :D 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2019 at 12:20, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who do you suggest?

Someone we can switch up our play with. Maybe opposite type of player to Wesley.

In terms of who it would depend on our transfer budget, is Wesley the main man or will we bring in another who will be.

I think premier league experience is a thing of the past.

I don't have anyone in particular in mind, but the Austin's of this world are not for me 

7 minutes ago, John said:

There is a fifth dimesion, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimesion as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is in the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Summer Transfer Window 2019 Zone. :)

A like does not do this post justice. 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This Dean Smith quote from the Matt Targett press release is interesting:

"He fits our criteria of being a young player with experience of playing in the Premier League and having the potential to develop further. He will help make us a stronger defensive unit and we are all looking forward to working with him."

Whilst we could have expected a lot of this, the criteria tid-bit of "playing in the Premier League" is new. Not saying all our targets are going to meet this requirement, (Wesley doesn't for example), but may be that one or two more of the signings do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

1920%20Targett%20Transfer_Story%20Graphi

Interesting that Matt fits our criteria of being young, has room for improvement and, has experience of the Premier League.

Welcome to the Villa Matty, now free up the interview chair as there should be another coming through anytime soon - hopefully!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Welcome to VT Jonjo Shelvey's mom

Its my opinion and one thing you should do is to respect peoples opinion on this chat. And if you disagree with peoples opinion than you have to have some realistic argument against it. Not just say because he isnt good or hes crap. Then this chat will go up in terms of class

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

This Dean Smith quote from the Matt Targett press release is interesting:

Whilst we could have expected a lot of this, the criteria tid-bit of "playing in the Premier League" is new. Not saying all our targets are going to meet this requirement, (Wesley doesn't for example), but may be that one or two more of the signings do.

Butland has that experience but, dare I say it, so does Austin! 

1 minute ago, Jonsi77 said:

Its my opinion and one thing you should do is to respect peoples opinion on this chat. And if you disagree with peoples opinion than you have to have some realistic argument against it. Not just say because he isnt good or hes crap. Then this chat will go up in terms of class

I think a certain poster here has a son as a Villa supporter.

Just now, Jonsi77 said:

This chat will go up in terms of class if you add a few apostrophes and fix your spelling mistakes ;)

You're right. It's all about opinions. Your opinion just seems pretty far-fetched. Jonjo Shelvey 'on his day', is one of the best in his position. If this is the case, why has he not been snapped up by a top club?

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This chat will go up in terms of class if you add a few apostrophes and fix your spelling mistakes ;)

You're right. It's all about opinions. Your opinion just seems pretty far-fetched. Jonjo Shelvey 'on his day', is one of the best in his position. If this is the case, why has he not been snapped up by a top club?

Because of hes attitude problems