Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I heard that he was in charge of the bibs. 

They've been promoted several times before you see, and did again this season after he left.

29 minutes ago, AXD said:

I just saw that Sessegnon is refusing to sign a new contract. I haven’t seen much of the PL this season, so I don’t know how he did, but last season he showed real talent. Could be a good signing.

Was rubbish. 2 goals 6 assists

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I heard that he was in charge of the bibs. 

Hilarious,I expect you will be first up to call for a change if you lose the first 2 games.Some fans don’t do any research.

• Sad 1

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

Hilarious,I expect you will be first up to call for a change if you lose the first 2 games.Some fans don’t do any research.

Nah, who's gonna change the filter in the coffee machine then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

It's OK, got our eye on a kitman from the Championship to takeover when Dean leaves. Thomas Frank his name I think.

All good fun!

Genuine question, why do you think you've not managed to get up to the playoffs since first year with so many good players knocking around your club last few seasons? Too many weak points in amongst the good players?

Certainly a very well run club. I'd imagine you'll have a real run when you move to the new stadium. Maybe you'll have a summer of no sales and go for it big time the year after.

On 08/06/2019 at 15:14, srsmithusa said:

Yeah, it’s alarming that all of Deans s recruits are former brentford players....

except for el. Ghazi,  Ming’s,  Kalinic, Hause, that kid who finished the season and plays right back,   All  you have to do is forget those (and perhaps more I’m forgetting) to believe that utter nonsense.  

Nobody said all of his recruits were former Brentford players. But we've been linked with a lot of Brentford players. Not hard to understand why people are discussing it, is it?

On 08/06/2019 at 15:18, thunderball said:

Successful managers like Jose Mourihno bringing Carvalho and Ferreira with him from Porto?

He won a Champions League with those players, so they were clearly already at the right level to play for Chelsea. Barcelona picked up Deco from the same squad.

My point is that Brentford are a mid-table Championship side, and some fans seem to be getting excited about what DS can extract from their players in the Premier League, purely because of their deep understanding of Deanball. It's nonsense.

I'm all for DS signing squad players who he knows have good characters, if the price is right. But Brentford are no mugs in the transfer market, and for that reason, I'm not convinced they offer us loads of value.

Anyway, I wasn't for a moment saying that Purslow and Suso are naive enough to go down this route. Just that it's a recurring theme in this discussion that we will somehow get amazing performances out of all DS's old Brentford favourites.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Terry is pretty much renowned for his reading of the game.  We even saw that when he played for us.

He was a far, far, far better centre back than Gary Cahill has ever been.

I disagree, Terry has played in better sides than Cahill, doesn’t mean he’s a better player

• Haha 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9256496/aston-villa-transfer-bid-brentford-said-benrahma/

ASTON VILLA are reportedly continuing their Championship raid with a bid for Brentford star Said Benrahma.

The newly-promoted team have already snapped up Birmingham City forward Jota for £4million and are returning to the second-tier for another deal.

According to Le10 Sport, an offer worth £8.9million has been lodged to commence the bidding on Benrahma.

Brentford are braced for a number of clubs showing an interest in the 23-year-old Algerian.

In his first year at Griffin Park, Benrahma smashed 11 goals and 17 assists.

And after costing Brentford just over £2.5m last summer, they may be tempted to cash in on the player.

However reports in the spring suggested a whopping £30m asking price for the transfer window ahead.

There were even suggestions that Chelsea and Arsenal were tracking the winger.

Back in February, Benrahma did admit to wanting a shot at the Premier League sooner or later.

He said: "For me personally, I would love to play in the Premier League one day.

"And I don’t see any reason why that can’t be with Brentford.

"Any player wants to test themselves at the highest level.”

Villa have also been linked to Bees striker Neal Maupay as well as Championship pair Neil Etheridge of Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers star Bradley Dack.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What are your thoughts on Benrahma V4L?

I rate him very highly. Would love him come here watched him twice live for Brentford and number of times live on sky last season. Would be another astute signing if it happens mate.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was rubbish. 2 goals 6 assists

He is very young. Let’s not forget grealish wasn’t great in his first year either. But look at him now?

sessagnon will be a top player I’d take him. But 40m is way over priced 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah, he's made of glass.

Remember when Baggies paid a fortune to have him on loan? That worked out well didn't it. 

Yes that is a legitimate claim in all fairness - which is why I think a pay as you play type contract would work well.

I'm sure you would agree Sturbridge is a class footballer - who would not be on a free if there were no strings attached ?

27 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yes that is a legitimate claim in all fairness - which is why I think a pay as you play type contract would work well.

I'm sure you would agree Sturbridge is a class footballer - who would not be on a free if there were no strings attached ?

I very much doubt he will accept a pay as you play contract. There will be a team out there that’s gets done over by giving him a 3 or 4 year contract on decent money. 

Thankfully it won’t be us.

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Don't think anyone doubts his ability, but when you consider he will be 30 on the 1st of September and see that he's only ever played 306 games in his entire career - that's shocking.

Didn't Klopp recently say something like he doesn't know what real pain is, meaning he declares himself injured with the slightest of knocks.

No player is silly enough to agree to pay as you play terms, especially one on a free transfer and will most likely get a good few offers to choose from.

Rather we stay clear of this one

Exactly. I said from the first time I saw him at Chelsea he’s attitude was wrong and he is a very selfish player.  For that reason he would never go on to big things.  

Although the may have been unlucky with injuries I think he’s done as a top striker and has been for quite a few years.

8 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You're on a Villa forum, and DDID has a sense of humour, he's also entitled to think differently - that's how it works. Don't get your knickers in a twist. If somebody went on Brentford talk, you'd expect the same. 👍