Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps his stock as risen too much but Duvan Zapata would be perfect for us IMO

Atalanta are in the Champions League now I think? 

EDIT: Just googled and he's on loan from Samp. Thought he'd signed permanently. 

Edited by PieFacE

I'd quite like us to sign some more Italian players, or at least players from Serie A... can get some good value there.

Am I right in thinking the last player we signed from Serie A was Martin Laursen? 

Also, the last Italian... Carbone? 

Quite strange how we've neglected that market.

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd quite like us to sign some more Italian players, or at least players from Serie A... can get some good value there.

Am I right in thinking the last player we signed from Serie A was Martin Laursen? 

Also, the last Italian... Carbone? 

Quite strange how we've neglected that market.

Didn’t we sign Libor Kozák from Lazio? And Pierluigi Gollini was the last Italian I think. 

• Like 1

I don’t know European football so all these names mean nothing to me. However, I always have reservations about players from Seria A, the premier league history is littered in history with big name players coming from Italy and struggling. A lot of the time they struggle to keep up with the pace and physicality of the game. Of course on the flip there is examples of players who have been successful, but it just appears more fail. Might just be all in my head.

Edited by mikeyp102

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t know European football so all these names mean nothing to me. However, I always have reservations about players from Seria A, the premier league history is littered in history with big name players coming from Italy and struggling. A lot of the time they struggle to keep up with the pace and physicality of the game. Of course on the flip there is examples of players who have been successful, but it just appears more fail. Might just be all in my head.

There is probably some truth in that, I can't speak for right now but historically the Italian league is much slower, less physical and more tactical than the premiership, where the prem is tactical but more so high tempo and virtually non stop high tempo, as well as very physical.

I remember an interview with el Ghazi talking about how he was shocked with the 90 minutes high tempo and physicality of the English league and it took him a good while to adjust and improve his fitness.

Obviously he was talking about the French league comparison but it still stands as a guide to most other leagues not being anywhere near as physical or high tempo as the prem and new players can struggle initially to adapt.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Didn’t we sign Libor Kozák from Lazio? And Pierluigi Gollini was the last Italian I think. 

Ah yes! We did! I guess it's easier to forget the shit signings :D 

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

This time we have a proper coach. I’m convinced if we had Gueye, Amavi etc Dean would’ve got a tune out of them all and even improved them. 

totally agree, if we had Amavi, Gana and Veretout with Deano, he would have got a song out of them im sure.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

A quick list of players I like. Not sure of availability or cost, but I think they'd be in the same price range as Tammy Abraham, if not much cheaper.

Kevin Lasagna

Do you think we'll keep more clean sheets with him in the team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I dont think signing ex villa players is this management teams style. 

Players on the way up will be our target, not on the way down.

I can't think of any ex Villa players that would fit this.

• Like 1

Some Defensive Midfielders who could be good, in my opinion -

Related imageSander Berge, 21, Genk - Spurs were interested and our old friends Genk dug their heels in.

Image result for uros racicUros Racic, 21, Valencia B - Just finished a loan with Tenerife

Image result for alfa semedo Alfa Semedo, 21, Benfica - Just finished a loan with Espanyol

Did DS say that we have buy option clauses in three of the loans this season? Seem to remember reading that, but can’t remeber where it came from. 

I’m assuming that the three loans with buy options are Hause, Mings and El Ghazi?

Edited by alreadyexists

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Did DS say that we have buying clauses in three of the loans this season? Seem to remember reading that, but can’t remeber where it came from. 

I’m assuming that the three loans with buy options are Hause, Mings and El Ghazi?

He did say this yeah. It was in the interview he did with Purslow in the tunnel at VP. 

I’m hoping it’s those 3, as we realistically know it’s not Tuanzebe or Abraham. 

• Thanks 1