Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

You do remember Axel isnt our player yeah? There's a much higher chance of Mings being here next season than Axel I would think.

I think we have a good chance of signing both players if we go up.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

United have said they want Tuanzebe on there pre season tour I think. 

This is true, word got back to OGS how outstanding Axel has been so he has included him on their pre-season tour.

But, as @sharkyvilla says:

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The key is he will be in the final year of his contract.  I think he will be gettable if we go up.

It will be interesting to see the developments.

Ole might want to keep Axel after pre-season and offer him a new contract and Axel stays.

If not, they will sell him since he is in his last year and they wouldn't be able to ask too much of a transfer fee on him either (so a potential bargain).

Axel may even hand in a transfer request himself regardless. Depends how the player feels I supoose and what happens with us at Wembley.

It's a situation I will be following with great interest over the summer - if we go up.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

he will go in to pre season 7th choice behind smalling, jones, rojo (who I think also has a new deal?) bailly, lindelhof and fosu Mensah with 1 year left on his contract and that's before utd make any moves to strengthen a defence that their fans hate

he is very gettable if we go up, whether or not the price will be sensible is another thing...loan him again, wind his contract down sign him on a free would be our best solution

Whatever happens in a couple weeks time, I think the 2 positions we desperately need improving in the summer are right winger and left back. Taylor has stepped up superbly over the last few months, defensively he's pretty sound but going forward he's just not good enough at all and it really affects our attacking play. I'd bloody love an Amavi under Dean Smith.

Don't think much needs to be said about our RW issues, the biggest weak point. 

• Like 3

I tried to get Bruno Andrade into St Mirren last summer when he was approaching being out of contract at Boreham Wood but he ended up going to Lincoln. 

He's a good player and had great season at Lincoln.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lincoln-city-duo-attracting-interest-2866334

Lincoln City pair Bruno Andrade and Ellis Chapman are attracting interest from higher-league clubs.

Lincolnshire Live understands Aston Villa and Portsmouth are keen on Andrade, who was one of the Imps’ standout players in their championship-winning season.

Villa could be a Premier League club next season and currently lead West Brom 2-1 ahead of the Championship play-off semi-final second leg tonight.

The winners will meet Leeds United or Derby County in the final. 

Portsmouth are embroiled in the League One play-offs and currently trail Sunderland 1-0 on aggregate ahead of their semi-final second leg on Thursday.

Andrade, who joined the Imps last summer from National League Boreham Wood, has a year remaining on his current contract.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we have a good chance of signing both players if we go up.

This is true, word got back to OGS how outstanding Axel has been so he has included him on their pre-season tour.

But, as @sharkyvilla says:

It will be interesting to see the developments.

Ole might want to keep Axel after pre-season and offer him a new contract and Axel stays.

If not, they will sell him since he is in his last year and they wouldn't be able to ask too much of a transfer fee on him either (so a potential bargain).

Axel may even hand in a transfer request himself regardless. Depends how the player feels I supoose and what happens with us at Wembley.

It's a situation I will be following with great interest over the summer - if we go up.

I think a Johnstone type sale will happen if they do sell him to us, don't think they will ask for much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

he will go in to pre season 7th choice behind smalling, jones, rojo (who I think also has a new deal?) bailly, lindelhof and fosu Mensah with 1 year left on his contract and that's before utd make any moves to strengthen a defence that their fans hate

he is very gettable if we go up, whether or not the price will be sensible is another thing...loan him again, wind his contract down sign him on a free would be our best solution

Fosu Mensah got a bad imjury, can also see Bailly move on prob Rojo too. Would have Axel over Jones or Smalling on current form

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I think a Johnstone type sale will happen if they do sell him to us, don't think they will ask for much.

It would be great.

The last team we signed a defender from Man Utd for peanuts he became an iconic club legend for us.

So far this lad looks from the same mould.

• Like 2

I was write These in Green Threads, so i decide put it in this thread indeed Green.

so if Sell Green and Albert to fund any one or two of these players which we should go for any of these list:-  we are lack left foot winger | inside forward player 

Would Love see one of them;- (Villa Fan Players)
Joe Lolley 

Or,
Jarrad Bowen
Marcus Maddison (Peterbrough)
Adam Reach (S.W.F.C)
Robert Snodgrass (West Ham) - might avoid him as short term will idea but his age might waste our money as this optional only if we might need > experience - also he love villa as he player for us.
Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo) - Very Good Talent, we need get him before he move to big club - Liverpool is one of them.. hope we get him too late. he is fast left foot with good cross and killer pass, also long shot, can in position to goal chance. he can player winger or forward Or Right Inside Forward  - will ideal for him if he move to us if we in premiership. 
Louis Schaub (Kohn) - I alway liked him for many year he is good talent - he is Snodgrass of Austria; i am sure you all know him when he was player for R.Vienna (before he move to Kohn)
Rubén García (Osonesa) - Wild Card - he is hit and miss might worth gamble..

for right foot winger back up or Challenge El Ghazi
Fabio Martins (Braga) - Rate highly for me .. he is future stars we need get him before big clubs want him...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Still proudly have my Ronny Johnsen autograph sitting at home framed 😉

Then of course there’s the player so good they named him twice, the legend that is Eric Djemba Djemba. 

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

I'd look at jansson if we are unable to sign mings or tuanzebe 

He's not PL quality in my opinion. Also, he's always fouling - pulling shirts, holding, coming through the back etc. Won't get away with it in the PL like he does in the Championship.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Risso said:

If we go up, I'd be tempted to rub Leeds' noses in it and raid them for Dallas and Phillips.  

Dunno about Dallas, he has a journeyman feel about him somehow, but I think Phillips is a rather under-rated DM. I could definitely see him playing in that position for a mid-table PL side. 

• Like 1