Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 hours ago, wilko154 said:

For a forum that spends half it's time slagging off ex-managers for buying overpriced players on big wages I really don't understand why the below names are being thrown around as to who to buy in the Summer.

- Maupay

- Lolley

- Forestieri

- Bowen

These are the exact players we shouldn't be looking to buy.

These are the exact players we have been buying for the last 3 seasons and the exact reason the club is currently in the situation it is in.

Each of these players would cost over 10 million each, they would expect their wages to be doubled and they would then come in thinking they have made it in football. We really need to get away from buying 'the best of the Championship' and start finding our own players in the lower leagues and abroad, it's the only sustainable way in football.

Guess who paid 50k for Bowen 

• Haha 1

Jake Hastie could be a decent shout hes a left footed RW for Motherwell and just won POTM. He's only 19 and has the potential to improve massively. At the end of this season he is a free agent and Villa could replace El Ghazi with him if the option isn't taken on El Ghazi. 

Here is an article on BBC with a compilation video of recent goals. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47494249

22 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Guess who paid 50k for Bowen 

Hull ? 

More specifically he was signed from now defunct Hereford UTD by academy manager and now first-team coach, Tony Pennock as a 17 yo youth academy prospect ... Bruce can only get credit if he gave him his debut . Credit where it is and none where it is not ... 

Edited by thabucks

22 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

As @AvfcRigo82 can confirm I have been mentioning Hastie for last few months and I posted on the winter transfer thread about him.  Baggies, Leeds and Middlesbrough all sent scouts wAtch him I gave watched him via full games sent to me via wyscout/instat..  One of my friends knows the Smith family and has passed Jake Hastie and Tom Bayliss (Coventry) name onto them. 

Absolutely V4L and he would have been a be a great signing if we pulled it off.

22 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just seen Hastie is close joining Rangers on Bosman with 500k compo to Motherwell. 

Bit of a blow, not too bad though. 

I'd rather see him go there than to another english club / rival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bl We are not allowed to offer he contracts to any players, Michael Morrison is out of contract in the summer. I think he would be a good signing and would absolutely destroy the blosers

He’s absolute pony regardless of who he plays for. Massive no thank you. George Ray of Crewe is out of contract in summer and a good defender and a leader. Rather players like that on way up from lower leagues with point to prove.

Edited by Villan4Life

23 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

As @AvfcRigo82 can confirm I have been mentioning Hastie for last few months and I posted on the winter transfer thread about him.  Baggies, Leeds and Middlesbrough all sent scouts wAtch him I gave watched him via full games sent to me via wyscout/instat..  One of my friends knows the Smith family and has passed Jake Hastie and Tom Bayliss (Coventry) name onto them. 

He seems to score in every game for Motherwell, could be the next Ryan Fraser for all we know. Probably a case of more interest in him if Scotland call him up for next round of fixtures.

That's the sort of signing I'd like to see us make in the summer rather than Bolasie type ones.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He seems to score in every game for Motherwell, could be the next Ryan Fraser for all we know. Probably a case of more interest in him if Scotland call him up for next round of fixtures.

That's the sort of signing I'd like to see us make in the summer rather than Bolasie type ones.

You knows this... a fellow Chris to myself. He’s a cracking player trust me mate. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You knows this... a fellow Chris to myself. He’s a cracking player trust me mate. 

Hope all is well after the recent illness chap, was shocked to read that as always enjoy reading your posts.

Have you seen much of Kilmarnock this season (having a look to see how Tish is getting on) They have a striker called Eamonn Brophy who I reckon could be very decent in about 18 months.

Sort of signing a Preston or Bristol City will pick up for 500k and then sell him for 5m in two years while we're paying more premier league reserves 60k a week and wondering why we're still in this league.

24 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He’s absolute pony regardless of who he plays for. Massive no thank you. George Ray of Crewe is out of contract in summer and a good defender and a leader. Rather players like that on way up from lower leagues with point to prove.

He really that blose defence has been  solid as you will see tomorrow 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

As @AvfcRigo82 can confirm I have been mentioning Hastie for last few months and I posted on the winter transfer thread about him.

Another lad I rate at Motherwell is 19 year old central midfielder David Turnbull.

What do you make of him Chris?  🤔

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bl We are not allowed to offer he contracts to any players, Michael Morrison is out of contract in the summer. I think he would be a good signing and would absolutely destroy the blosers

No thank you Dem.

I don't want to see any shite from them arrive here.

We've had enough noses in our squad that we've got rid of and I don't think they need replaced.   ;)

• Like 1

I think it`s is so strange how we haven`t picked up any young and good players from the league under us in a very long time. I get so frustrated every time we seem to be linked to an up and coming player in the lower leagues, only for that player to go to another club in this division, and not to uncommenly turn out quite good. How many Ollie watkins`s, Joe Lolley`s and Kemar Roofe`s (before they came to fame in the championship) couldn`t we have bought instead of for ex. Ross McCormack. Really hope we try we have some good scouts looking in L1 and L2, and that we try to vaccum up some gems from there, and even though we might get a lot of shit as well, atleast our total loss would be extremely low, compared to for ex. again McCormack (both in transfer fee and wages)

19 hours ago, siminjo said:

I think it`s is so strange how we haven`t picked up any young and good players from the league under us in a very long time. I get so frustrated every time we seem to be linked to an up and coming player in the lower leagues, only for that player to go to another club in this division, and not to uncommenly turn out quite good. How many Ollie watkins`s, Joe Lolley`s and Kemar Roofe`s (before they came to fame in the championship) couldn`t we have bought instead of for ex. Ross McCormack. Really hope we try we have some good scouts looking in L1 and L2, and that we try to vaccum up some gems from there, and even though we might get a lot of shit as well, atleast our total loss would be extremely low, compared to for ex. again McCormack (both in transfer fee and wages)

I mentioned Lolley (Kidderminster) Roofe (OXford) Watkins (Exeter) plus many others on Villa Talk from lower leagues  in past and many others (Calum Wilson, James Maddison both Coventry) Riyad Mahrez then in Championship at Leicester as well as Sebastian Haller & Hakim Ziyech before they where known on wider scale. Watch League 1 & 2 almost every other week live as scout  for last 2 years some absolute gems in those  divisions.

Interesting to see if we go for any this summer. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Another lad I rate at Motherwell is 19 year old central midfielder David Turnbull.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Hope all is well after the recent illness chap, was shocked to read that as always enjoy reading your posts.

Have you seen much of Kilmarnock this season (having a look to see how Tish is getting on) They have a striker called Eamonn Brophy who I reckon could be very decent in about 18 months.

Sort of signing a Preston or Bristol City will pick up for 500k and then sell him for 5m in two years while we're paying more premier league reserves 60k a week and wondering why we're still in this league.

I like look of him mate. Very raw but potential is there to see for him, Some vey good talent emerging from Scotland

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's quality mate. Motherwell have some good players breaking through. Turnball & Hastie are best of current crop.